Replaced power cord Mag 10

So I replaced the power cables on my Mag 10's wiith the new Cannon power cables.  As most of you with Cannons prolly know you have to drill the hole out to 3/4 of an inch on the housing.  Well one of the riggers went perfectly but for some reason the hole on the other is just a little too big.  The collar provided doesn't lock tightly in the hole so it eventually works its way out over time.  I have heard alot of things about using silicone based sealer caused some kind of chemical reaction and fried the boards on them.  I wanted to use some gorilla glue on the collar to hold it in place so it doesn't move in that 3/4" hole.  What are your thoughts? I need to do something to prevent it from moving.....

I had a cannon repair center change my cords. Like you one was loose and would work out after a couple trips. The collar was also not water tight. Gorilla glue is exactly what I used. Mainly because it is what I had on hand. Four years now without issues of water intrusion or falling out.

I didn't drill the holes out or use the fittings they supplied and I used marine silicone filler in the existing holes and they are fine.

It amazes me the money that they charge you for this crap. 2ft cable from the battery....like that will ever reach where it needs to. Plastic collar that isn't a circle like the hole they tell you to drill. Then they call for a 30amp breaker and 10gauge wire on the rigger but correct me if I'm wrong that kit is 12 gauge. What a joke for $55. Thanks for the advise guys.

The cables and plugs etc. are far better than the crappy originals though. Most folks have some sort of plugins and receptacles located near the downriggers so that you don't need to run longer cables to the battery itself.

post-145411-0-89515200-1461727818_thumb.jpg

Yes they are much better than the last ones.  Getting power from the down rigger to the plug isn't the issue.  My complaint is the 2ft cable to get from the battery to the plug.... most boats don't have the plug that close to the battery compartment.  

I Gorilla glued it this morning....we will see what happens!