Keuka Lake Advice

Hello Mike: I know this lake very well, just have never still fished it. I always troll for the salmonoids and lakers. You should fish off of the bluffs towards the point on the east side of the lake. Find some bottom structure, like drop offs etc, then drop down to them. Fish should be active 30' to 70' down right now. You cannot leave this lake without your limit of Lakers, it is polluted with them. Hope you get some decent ones. lot's of 18-22" in the lake?

The Remedy

Thanks Robert. One more quick question. Can you confirm that the daily limit is no more than 3 lakers per angler and the minimum length is 15 inches? Thanks again.

Fromthe DEC website:

Finger Lakes: Brown trout, rainbow trout, lake trout, landlocked salmon

All year 15" except 9" for rainbow trout in Owasco Lake and Skaneateles Lake and 18" for landlocked salmon in Cayuga Lake

5 in combination (catch shall include no more than 3 lake trout or 3 landlocked salmon)

Ice fishing permitted

Robert,

I have been trolling all Spring...still no luck with the LL, all Lakers. Been a good season so far and no complaints. I know they like temp 54.4, but I can't seem to find 'em.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...