Chaumont Bay Walleye opener

muskie magnet

This time of year I watch many bass boats out in front of my place illegally targeting bass...maybe in a few years they'll wish they had not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Never mind a few years. The bass fishery is already on the decline. One would think the guys that want it to be as good as it can be would lay off during the spawn, but no.

I live next to the state park on Chaumont and watch these people rent the row boats and drop worms right down onto the bass beds. Just recently the one guy ran into my father in laws dock. Tonight I saw a couple guys throwing tube jigs and senkos in the shallows just before dark. It's ridiculous these people blatantly breaking the law.

I know the DEC is well under staffed but maybe a flood of phone calls might get them to finally come out. Getting boat registration numbers would give them a direction to start tracking these people down.

Hit Chaumont bay from 10pm to about 12:45am this evening. Got blown off the bay unfortunately. Wind really picked up in a hurry out of the Nnw and whipped up some 2 - 3 ft chop...... We were not prepared for the rocking and rolling and called it an early evening.....Prior to the weather taking a nasty turn, we marked some nice bait on herrick shoal and some promising predator activity on the sonar..... Perhaps our next trip will see better weather and better results.