Tipping 1st Mate

I have always given him a hundred dollars. But I have always been very happy with their work and they have always worked hard. I guess that wold be about twenty percent as I was paying about five hundred for the trip back then.

Zdupell   15 to 20 % is with in reason your trip is 5 t0 8 hours and only you and your partners will know how hard   the mate works .

just think people have no problem tipping a waitress 20%when you are out at a restaurant some places don't even give you an option they add 18% to your bill and the time of a meal runs 1.5 to 2 hours

so bottom line if your mate works hard for you let him know.both CAPT and MATE along with you and your GUESTS will look forward to your next trip

Zdupell   15 to 20 % is with in reason your trip is 5 t0 8 hours and only you and your partners will know how hard   the mate works .

just think people have no problem tipping a waitress 20%when you are out at a restaurant some places don't even give you an option they add 18% to your bill and the time of a meal runs 1.5 to 2 hours

so bottom line if your mate works hard for you let him know.both CAPT and MATE along with you and your GUESTS will look forward to your next trip

Hey Les, let me know what days you need me, I'll take off work! lol

First mate on a boat is the hardest working person on the boat..Sure, the cap'n deserves most of the credit, but really couldn't run his business without a good mate!! Tip the cap well but tip the mate for doing all the work..It really is work on the back deck! This comes from neither a mate, nor charter cap, just general experience.