Headed out about 7:15 AM & fished 80 to 100ft of water .Ran 6 rods & took most strikes on 2 10 color suffix 832 leadcore rods  pulling mag spoons. Ran  next 2 rods off rigger pulling mag spoons set from 5-10  ft off bottom at 2.2 mph. Ran 3rd set of 2 mono dipsy rods set on #1 setting pulling flasher/fly combo 100-125 ft out. Turned west out of the chute & let out the 2 leadcores.The first rod fired before we could set 3rd line. Trolled 90 action filled minutes before we had time to set 4th rod. Finally got all rods set & had a steady pick until 10 AM when the North East wind kicked up bringing some white caps with a bitter cold breeze with them. This sent us to the dock in time for lunch. We ended  going 18 for 20 on fish hooked all Laker trout with several more down rigger releases with no one home. The lakers were all good size with multiple fish in 20# class. Hot lures were Mag Seasick Waddler & FLT Mag War machine spoons. We hoped to stumble across a king or two but it never happened. Good luck  & be safe!

post-140799-0-16923400-1462051759_thumb.jpg

post-140799-0-49864000-1462051772_thumb.jpg

post-140799-0-90266800-1462051786_thumb.jpg

post-140799-0-70057900-1462051798_thumb.jpg

We ended up with about 30 lakers. Crab face was hot on lead. Black meat dd pounding, carbon 14 , green dolphin off riggers on riggers all did well. Didn't run a mag all day. The guys doing the fish census said they hadn't had a report of a king all day.

I took a 17 year old from Texas two weeks ago, out of Olcott same great Laker action 65-100 ft of water, most on cow bells off the rigger with small Viking spoons. Kid eyes were popping out cause wehad him land all the fish, after about 10 he started complaining I have to play ball tomorrow, your killing me. Now my phone is blowing up when we going again!

Edited by scobar

Got a king as well on Saturday. 15-16 lbs. East of Sommerset, almost directly off Golden Hill in 12-14 fow trolling for Browns. Took a green/chartreuse stinger spoon off a rigger 8 feet down and 50 ft back. Been running a spin flasher I made kind of similar to the fish flash flashers directly off the back of my ball and all of my rigger releases this year have come on that side. Also took a 5-6 lb brown on same spoon. Got a nice 9-10 lb brown on a nuke green challenger stick. And a steelhead on a yellow w/ orange diamond flutter spoon I'm unsure of the name of. Had one scream off 50 ft or so on a board but never hooked up, and one other rigger release with no one home