Might get lucky but the broad consensus would be a big No right now. Ice cold clear water.

What are you doing with all those boats? Lol.

Edited by MikeyP

Agree with Devin.  Although a rookie to the area, have been striking out on browns.  The consistent N-NE blow over the last few weeks has kept the water cool and clear.  Hopefully that changes as predicted saturday through next week.

Have you fished the "cut" between Stoney and Galloo ? Last couple of years we found much warmer water there , not sure it will be there with this wind ???

you'll find 41-42deg water there.

You must have multiple split personalities :rofl:

I have different boats that can be ran in certain conditions depending on weather, type of fishing, and the amount of people that I'm taking out (including when I want to fish solo).  It's nice to have options... some of them more economical than others.

Edited by FleetTracker

I have different boats that can be ran in certain conditions depending on weather, type of fishing, and the amount of people that I'm taking out (including when I want to fish solo).  It's nice to have options... some of them more economical than others.

I had a friend you used to live in Henderson Harbor from 1996 to around 2002. We used to fish with him a lot in that area during that time. It wasn't known for brown trout back then or Salmon either except when they came into the trench late fall or if you took that long trip to the shipping channel for a 2-3 week window in mid summer when they would be there. It was almost an exclusive Lake Trout fishery back then. Bass and Perch fishing used to be pretty good until the cormorants decimated that fishery. Not sure how it is now?

Edited by MikeyP

I had a friend you used to live in Henderson Harbor from 1996 to around 2002. We used to fish with him a lot in that area during that time. It wasn't known for brown trout back then or Salmon either except when they came into the trench late fall or if you took that long trip to the shipping channel for a 2-3 week window in mid summer when they would be there. It was almost an exclusive Lake Trout fishery back then. Bass and Perch fishing used to be pretty good until the cormorants decimated that fishery. Not sure how it is now?

With the exception of this year, Browns have been awesome out of this area in April/May.  Walleye fishing is arguably the best in Lake O.  We catch a lot of Steely's, Lakers and spring Kings in May/June chasing bait in shallow water (<100').  July is shipping Lanes for Kings or Shoals for Walleye.  August/Sept is the trench for staging Kings.

I don't bass or perch fish so I wouldn't know but hear a lot of complaints from many that perch has been on the decline while Bass is the opposite.  We catch a lot of bass while trolling for Walleye.  Annoying.  Lots of Pike in our area too for those who enjoy that.

A lot of diversity in the fishing on the upper East end and when things get rough, there are a lot of areas that remain fishable due to the seclusion of all the Bays.

Edited by FleetTracker