Welcome to the New LOU!

BlueEye

Hey everyone and welcome to the new site! For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is Chad (aka "BlueEye") and I have been fishing on Lake Ontario for about 24 years now. In my spare time, when I am not designing websites you can catch me in one of three places - fishing, golfing or with the girlfriend :D (usually in that order, shhhh!).

Today we are proud to bring you the updated Lake Ontario United a few days earlier than planned. We’ve worked really hard to ensure that the updated site has all the features you’d want. We hope you like it! Since the site is so new, please be patient with us as we work out a few known issues, and as always please feel free to let us know if there’s anything you’d like to see on the site in the future.

A few of the new features you may notice as you browse the site include an updated format, an environmental pledge and the introduction of a live chatroom. Please feel free to explore and report back to this forum, should you have any questions!

Unfortunately if anyone is trying to log on using their old favorites button, they are going to get the message site unavailable or something to that effect. You may want to send out an email alerting folks to log on using www.lakeontariounited.com and then reseting favorites. If you were in the old forums when you set favorites, it may have used www.lakeontariounited.com with a slash and forums, which doesn't work now. By the way, the new site looks Great!

Hey Shellback and Muskybob,

Thank you for the kind words! Right now, some of you might be experiencing what Shellback was talking about. This is because the DNS servers have not yet resolved. This usually takes between 24-48 hours. I currently have redirects in place so that if you have old bookmarks, it should just redirect you to the new site. I will take your advice Shellback and send out a mass email this afternoon to the community letting them know to update their bookmarks.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Nice job BlueEye (& staff). That was a quick change over. Did you get any sleep last night? I'm still checking the new things out, but I should get used to it pretty quick.

Having a little problem in the pictures section with the pictures & text wider than the screen and no way to slide the screen to the left so I can view the right side. Not sure if it's on my end (operator error :shock: ). I'll keep plugging away at it.

Thanks again for your persistence in ridding us of the hackers

Stinger - thanks for the kind words. To answer your question.... NO - got zero sleep last night trying to get the new site up and fixing any issues that came up along the way. On a side note, we have stopped a total of 21 SPAM ATTEMPTS TODAY ALONE already! Wow... plus we have automated the backup process to backup the entire site and databases on a weekly basis. I'm just glad to see all the spam isn't getting in anymore - this saves everyone (including Steve and Mark) a lot of time going through and deleting all that nonsense. We are also looking into this "BIG PICTURE" issue. Enjoy your weekend Stinger. 8)

Hi guys,

My name Pat and i fish out of a 25' sportcraft hardtop(Just bought it). Havent fish lake ontario in about 3 years. Planning on Docking boat at mikes marina. Fish mostly with my Dad, Brother and uncle. Boat name is InTheBox. Hope to see some of you guys out on the Big O some time.

Pat

Looks good.

I'm Brad Wyard and I live in No. Andover Mass. by the NH border. Love to fish Lake O, but when I can't ,I fish Lake Winni up in NH and do some saltwater fishing too.

Lake O is my favorite place to fish. Doing the Bar at the end of April for a few days and I plan on fishing 3 tornaments during the month of July with Team Savant Spoon/Horst Play. (health permitting) Was in the hospital for the Sodus Pro/Am last year.

Anyways this is a new year and I cant wait to hit the water!!!!

Brad W.

Fantastic job on the new format for the site. Thank you for all the hard work that you put into it. I personally know that it has helped me become a better fisherman and I apprectiate all the input from members here.

Anyways, a quick intro for myself and our boat.

I teach at SUNY Brockport and fish out of the genny, Sandy Creek, and Irondequoit bay, as well as occasional trips to the finger lakes.

Dad is an almost retired optician here in Rochester and the owner of our boat. He's the captain and loves to tell me what to do onboard...

Our boat is a tan polarkraft, its too small but we are hoping to upgrade soon.

[/code]

Hahah - thank you very much everyone for the kind words and all the feedback thus far. As many of you have already noticed, we are having one issue with the width of the screen getting cut off when larger pictures are displayed. This is an issue we are currently working on fixing at the moment. In the mean time, you might want to consider just uploading/posting smaller images and/or setting your screen resolution to 1024 minimum. Hopefully we can resolve this issue quickly and it wont matter your screen res or picture size.

Aside from that issue everything on the site seems to be operating smoothly and with amazing speed. Thank you again to everyone who has private messessged me thus far. Although we have beta tested the site over last couple weeks, it is very hard to test a site of this size and find every single bug. You really don't know how things are going to go until you let loose the 500+ members to really push the site. I'm glad to say that it has withstood the test and the servers barely cracked a sweat :)

Cheers to a bright, secure future at LOU!

My name is Rich Plukas and I am glad to be able to log in again after a few months of being unable to.

I fish out of Irondequoit Bay on a 21' Wellcraft. Been fishing the Lake for 10 years and learning new stuff every time out. Would love to fish more but have 3 kids to chase from sport to sport. I am a former Assistant District Attorney (13 yrs) and now do personal injury litigation. I try to get out 2x a week, but doesn't always work that way. Spent my younger days fishing Long Island Sound and Montauk before I discovered the gem in our own backyard. (so many years wasted) I watch this site daily....and continue to be amazed how helpful people are on this site and can't thank the founders enough for their service, time and patience they have.

Guys great looking site.You guys are doing a awsome job keeping us up and running :D My name is Erin I live in Mass.I have been fishing lake Ontario since 1982.I fish out of a 2003 Lund 1800 Fisherman have fished out of Mexico,Oswego,And have Fished out of Fair Haven for the past 2 years.Hoping to head to the oaks and the Bar this year ;) I fish all over New England for what ever fish want to play.I have learned so much from this site.This is the best site for info and help.So keep up the good work guys :mrgreen:

My name is Philip Metz and I live in NJ and work in CT. I'm 32 years old and have been fishing since I was about 7 or 8 years old. I grew up on a river fishing for carp and catfish and later smallmouth and pike. I've owned inflatable rafts, kayaks, canoes, jon boats, aluminum v-hulls and a center console for ocean fishing. Got out of fishing for a few years after my father past away but I'm back stronger than ever, fishing most weekends from spring to early fall. While I don't currently own a boat, my girlfriend's father pick up a used 16 foot aluminum Starcraft boat last year, which had seen better days. During the spring, we transformed the boat into a fine fishing machine for the lakes and reservoirs here in NJ. We'll be making our first trip up to Lake Ontario this May in an attempt to troll for browns and chinooks. Looking forward to getting up there and giving it a shot.

[email protected]

Hello, my name is Aaron Newton and I live out in Phelps, NY. This will be my 3rd year of sportfishing on Lake Ontario, primarily out of Sodus. I have a 21ft. Sea Ray Laguna center console set up with planer boards, downriggers and dipseys. I haven't had much luck yet on my own, but learned alot last year fishing with Yankee Troller in the Sodus Pro-Am. Can't wait to go again this year. I love this site... lots of good information for me to put to use.

My name is Ron and I Live in Delmar, NY. (Near Albany) I have only had my present boat 3 years, it's an 1800 Lund fisherman. I have fished the Black and Salmon rivers since the late 70's from a 14 ft

1954 aluminum boat. I did not fish the big lake during the 90's but I'm going at it again.

Just added a T8 kicker and going to try wire this year.

Thanks for all of your input. You are a wealth of information.

Hello all. My name is Ray and I am a math teacher in Auburn (NY). This will be second year on Lake O and my second year with a,new to me, Thompson 240. This site has a wealth of information and I appreciate all of your comments and suggestions. Thanks a bunch! Enjoy!