Welcome to the New LOU!

BlueEye

Hi, my name is Bill Wahl, Jeffersonville, N.Y. I fish out of Catfish Creek bit west of Little Salmon. Have a 250 Sport Craft and been on the Big O for 10 years. Boats name Mae B, but my call name on radio is Brown Dog. I enjoy every day I spend on the lake and fish every week end from April to November. I use Fish Doctor short sticks rods for browns and salmon and roller rods for dipseys. Good Luck fishing!

My name is Dave. I am from Pittsburgh. Fished Lake Ontario on a

charter in 1988. Got hooked bigtime. Bought 1st boat 1996 and sold

last boat 2004. Couldn't sleep since knowing how awesome the fishing has

been the last three years. Fished Wilson mainly, but this habit put me in

the poorhouse along with my ex old lady. Still in poorhouse but planning

an addition to the poorhouse by buying another boat ( Damn Salmon).

Hope everybody has a safe and good year.

Hello Guys,

The board is fantastic!! Thanks a million!! My name is Chuck Miller, I live in Walworth. I fish with my two boys and daughter... mainly Hemlock, Canadice and Canandaguia Lakes from a 14' DMI a.k.a. "Laker Taker"with a 9.9 Honda, two riggers, one dipsey, and a leadcore. Try to get the most out of her! In addition, I also enjoy trips to Lake George...lakers and salmon. Been fishing since I could walk...spent summers during high school and college at a hunting and fishing camp in north eastern Ontario. Great job!

Thanks agian for your work on the board!

Chuck

Ray I can dig where your coming from :shock: take a few days off tp rest the eyes and all hells broke loose on this here site :shock:

Chad the new site looks great thansk for all the work taht you and the boys have done. As far as the concern with the favorites I had no problem with that at all.

My name is Tom Polizzi and I used top fish out of I bay but will concentrat on Sandy creek area this year. 1994 19.5 Sea Nympth with a nice new vinal flooring job and soon to have a nice new top and side curtains put on :D:D. Been fishing the Big O for about 25 years now. Have had the pleasure to meet and fish with a few of the guys from this board and am yet to meet anybody that doesn't help you out when asked :D Lets continue to make it the best fishing site on the web :!:

Hello everyone,

I'm Ryan and I have been fishing the big O for a few years now. I'm a rookie compared to most on this board. I just wanted to say that I love the new design. The site is MUCH easier to navigate and layout is very clean and professional. I can't imagine how much time a site like this must have taken to build or the cost associated with it. Anyways, thank you for making this HANDS DOWN the best fishing site on the web - this was a huge upgrade over the old site and I thank you for all the effort. Hope to see you all out on the water this year. Happy fishing.

Wow guys, I am blown away by all the positive feedback.

"Fantastic job on the new format"

"Site looks great!"

"Wow!! The site looks awesome!! Nice work to all involved!! "

"The board is fantastic!! Thanks a million!!"

and the list goes on and on...

This truly means a lot to us everyone so thank you again for all your kind words. Ryan, to address your question about the time and money associated with a site like this, well usually I don't share this kind of information but I will give you some idea of what goes on behind the scenes. This site, from concept to design to being fully coded has taken approximately 4 months. The ball started rolling back in November of last year and we worked very hard every night to put together something that everyone could enjoy.

What MANY people do not understand however is the cost associated with such a site. While I will not give you an exact number I will say the total cost for this site has been just under 5-figures ($XX,XXX) for designers and coders and security, etc., etc. A cost that my company was willing to incur on its own because the site had a personal significance that I know many of you share. This does not include the never-ending hosting and maintenance costs (which currently stand at around $200/month). So over the next 10 years we are looking at $24,000 for just hosting ALONE to keep this site going. This is why I always get a good laugh out of the people who complain about an advertisement on the site when they are CLUELESS as to how a website actually works or the costs, time and maintenance required to run a site of such high grade. So next time you or I hear of someone complaining how a single ad on the site ruined their day, try not to chuckle too hard at their lack of understanding and narrow sighted point of view.

On a side note, I hope many of you plan on going to the Rochester Sportsmen's Show this weekend (Mar. 2-4) at the Dome Center (Monroe County Fairgrounds, Rochester, NY). You will find me with some corn in my back pocket at the trout pond ;) Cya all then!

Hi my name is Rich DeMong, I live in central NY and have fished the Big O since I was 2, so we will say it has been 33 years. We fish out of a 96 Thompson 240 fisherman with 4 cannon electrics and an array of other tools. The boat name is SEADUCKTION. We keep the boat in Henderson Harbor for the majority of the summer but I have been going out to Wilson for the past 2 years in May and will be there again this spring. I am part of the TEAM HORST PLAY/Savant spoons ProAm team. We will be fishing the east end part and also the first year Little Salmon River Challenge. I enjoy learning new techniques and sharing my experiences with anyone that needs help.

The board is looking great and look forward to being part of the best site in NY.

Good Luck all this year.

Rich

Hey all, the new site is awesome...terrific job!! My name is Rod keyser and I fish out of a Sea Ray 240 flybridge with twin I/O's. It's a new boat to me, so setting it up is gonna be fun all in itself. Mostly I fish the Henderson area down to Mexico. I've only been fishing the lake for 3 years, but all of you that give so much of yourself on this site has made my experience on the lake sooo much better. Really, I can't tell you all how much I appriciate this site. I'm from Pa, but I spend the summer in the 1000 islands, Ny. The boat name is Rod Addiction, and I hope to see some of you on the water. Thanks again!!

Rod K.

I've been around here for a while, but figured I'd re-introduce myself. Chris Stack from Endwell, NY. Although I've spent most of the past 15 years or so chasing walleyes (mainly on L. Erie), my partner and I decided that we're also going to target salmon on Ontario this year. We fish out of a Lund Fisherman with pretty much all the goodies. We'll be hitting mainly the eastern shores.. Oswego, Henderson and even further north (for walleyes). I appreciate all the help I've recieved from many of the members here and hope to be able to contribute more in the future! By the way... Great Job on the New Board! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Hello to all , The site looks GREAT !!

My name is Doug and i live in Hamlin , grew up in Brockport . Do pretty most my fishing at sandy creek . I am pretty new to salmon and trout trolling , and i am spending alot of time fishing sandy (before freeze) and the genny now , learning float tactics and so on . My mother and father bought a cottage on Wilson bay , Cape Vincent when i was five , so i was very lucky to have that at a young age . Love to fish the St.Lawrence river , Mud bay , Chamount , Black river . My greatest moment was when i was about thirteen years old . We had a 12' aluminum with a 3 horse (I trolled everywere) . me and my cousin who was also thirteen were out trolling along the beach of wilson bay , when i cought and landed a 44" muskie on large jointed Rebel silver and black . We also had no net , my cousin was so scared to grab it by the gill , he was crying . lol but he did do it . My best fishing moment yet

There are so many places that i havent been to in our own state , and so much to learn . It is truly great to have such a vast amount of knowledge at my fingertips , and to learn from the areas best fisherman , i am greatfull and appreciate it greatly .

Thanks guys

Good luck to all this spring , be safe !

Brian Gambell

Used to keep my boat in Irondequoit Bay. I'm now at Sandy Creek Marina. My boat name is Escape. It is a 22' Starcraft. It is tan with a brown canvas. I also work on the "Advocate" as a first mate.

Name is Ted English

Boat Name is Blue Heron - a 20'Crestliner Sabre G/L - Blue & Gray

I grew up in Ithaca and learned to fish Trout and Salmon on Cayuga lake. Used to fish Ontario alot on the 80's ( the Bar and Oswego/Sodus) but ultimately sold my big boat and didnt fish much at all in the 90's. Moved to Penfield in 2004 so I am kind of starting over at this - many things have changed but some of the old tricks still seem to work.

Look forward to all the good info shared on this site

hey guys just wanted to introduce myself because i will prolly be on here more and more now that i am graduating in the spring...

I have a 16ft sylvan with a 60hp Merc

front mounted trolling motor with 2 downriggers on the back

i mostly fish out of kueka although i will be starting to fish canandaigua alot more since that is where ill be living.. ive been fishing for lake trout for as long as i can remeber, and have just recently started to fish for smallies pike and anything else that bites.

call name is fishful thinkin... hope to see you out there

• 1 year later...