Canandaigua FLTA 5/1

Congratulations to all at Canadaigua that caught fish.  Brent C. had a phenomenal bag with a big 6-11 bow and the lunker laker that tipped the scales at just over 11lbs. Josh B. and Mike B. rounded out the top three. Great fishing guys! We started out on the south end marking a nice pod of bait in 75' of water. besides that the screen was blank in shallow and out deep. Decided to try the south end a bit longer and even the chute but only marked a few fish deep. I post this because this is our first skunk at a FLTA event, sometimes you are the windshield sometimes you are the bug, this weekend we were the bug!

Jim T had a beauty of a laker that looked like 15lb fish but tipped the scales at 10-14, beauty Jim!

Lots of beautiful bows weighed in and a nice brown or two.  Keuka next!

Don't feel bad. I was the bug too. As only my second FLTA event and first time fishing canandaigua out of my boat and its been a few years since I fished it with anyone else and that was only twice I knew it was going to be a challenge. We worked shallow and deep on the east side and could only get one 17inch laker at 1.8lbs to fire. Was definitely a tough lake. Makes me look forward to Keuka a lot more. Maybe should've went turkey hunting but you've gotta take the bad to get the good

Edited by suttontroller94

It has become tougher and tougher to get good fish out there even when you are real familiar with the lake so don't feel bad :)

Thanks John.. Tough fishing for Sure plus the wet weather made it miserable. . We decided to stay in the skinny water and pound boards off the docks.. 5 color and 200 copper did well for us pulling browns to the boat... We did move out to 100 fow later in the morning and we're able to get a couple lake trout of the dipsys pulling a Iron Duke Glow Green Flash fly but definitely had to work all day my crew never took a break for even a minute.. It was one of those days were if it could go wrong it did, many tangles a few broken lines, had to replace 300 ft of downrigger cable on the fly and even at the end of the day when we thought our bad luck might be over for the day we pull in to the launch and have a flat tire on the trailer.. Want to thank Josh and Pat for helping make a quick fix of that... After all of that we were extremely glad to bring home a 3rd place finish. . Great job to all that fished and see you all at Keuka

Mikef03344aa07a3fcaf499ac2403e44861d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke