T.I. Clayton 6/21-6/23

We caught a bunch of bass trolling hot-n-tots around a couple islands near clayton in 15-25 fow. Sunday night the bite went dead and the first hour this morning was dead too. So I put on a tube jig and got 7 between 13 and 16.5" in about 3 hours.

Also caught my first walleye at about 830pm sat. night w/ the hot-n-tot. I've fished my whole life and you would think that I would stumble on one before this! I think the people of Clayton could hear my suprise also! :D

BTW: Rob and Rick, I'm waiting for the smile jokes.

DSCN0320.jpg

Scott

Great job on the smallies and that bonus eye looks pretty nice too. Looks like you guys had a great trip I will be in clayton the last week of july trolling for pike and drifting for pans and bass I stay at mills cottages where did you guys stay?

You wouldn't believe it but, Mill's also. #2 cottage. Been going there around 25-30 years. We did some big perch in 15-20 fow out in front just to the right, also about 3/4 mile east, down from mill's just past the end of big round.

Scott

Its a small world I have been going to mills for about 11 years we use to go the last week in June but for the past 6 years we have been going the last week in July. We stay in the big 3 bedroom cottage at the west end. I think Al and Leslie are great people and Al's Mom and Dad (Al Sr. & Mary lou) are great as well. The place is comfortable very reasonable and a great area to fish for a lot of different stuff in any weather I cant wait for our trip in July. I have been thinking of putting a guys long weekend together for late Sept before Archery starts but I was wondering how the fishing is then have you ever been up there in the early fall?

you wait your whole life for a chance to boat a walleye....just one walleye....then you get your chance.....you jump up and down at the first site of it.....and then you get it in the boat and you scream like a girl...... then in disbelieve you spend the next 5 minutes discussing (with yourself outloud), how you caught it and you cant believe that you finally caught one....and then you dont even smile for the pick. :lol:

Gene,

I've been there in august, but not as late as september. I would think the fishing would be better in the fall than in august.

Rob,

It's too bad comic's cafe closed, cause you could keep that place open with them witty jokes! :lol: It's a funny thing. The corners of my mouth don't go up very good. :) I'm alway's smiling from within.