perfect storm on seneca saturday

Got caught in that wicked t-storm on seneca saturday! The worst i've ever been in. It went from calm to blowing 60 mph in a matter of minutes. The waves were 6-7 feet. Scary stuff. The fishing was awsome all weekend though. Wasn't sure we could get back in. It was a tough ride. Just be careful out there!

Know how you feel.Once got stuck on Ontario(in Oswego).Storm kicked up.As I'm coming in,along with all other boats,I run out of gas.Now I have to link my kicker(9.9hp)to my main motor and putt my way in.I'm doing about 4mph while everyone else is going gang-busters to get back in.Well we didn't make it.Had to ride it out.Visibility dropped so low that we could not chance getting near the break walls or light house.Should have seen the look on my wife's face when I handed her a life jacket and said to put it on.The prior season I got stranded 4 miles out of Sodus.My old boat with no kicker no radio.Just me and my brother.Winds started to pick up.I swam about 1.5 miles with the boat attached to my waist trying to stay in front of the harbor so that we could hopefully flag someone down.Luckily we got close enough for my walky talky to pick up my wife.She was worried after we were 4 hrs late and walked out to the light house to try and see us.Well she sent out the coast guard and they brought us in.About an hour later we got hit by a nasty,nasty storm.Would have blown us to Canada or used us as a lightning rod.

LOL isabell.Always an adventure.The time out of Oswego was my own fault.Should have gassed up first.When it happened out of Sodus it was my starter that went.Beat it to a pulp trying to get it to work.Once ran out of gas flying an airplane.The only plane I've flow that you could not physically check the fuel.The flight school I was flying with didn't keep a log book for fuel so the best you could do was shake the wings and listen for it.Luckily I hadn't flown in awhile and decided to do a couple of touch and goes before going off to the practice area.Got abeam of the numbers on my second one when the rps dropped way down and the windmill stopped spinning.Got it down no problem but the pucker factor was a bit high.Either I am a real jinx or really lucky.Walked away each time.

Not in a PZL Koliber 150.Was a nice plane to fly.Had a stick and a bubble canopy that you could open in flight.But the fuel went into the wing at an angle and there was no way to get to it.The best you could do was to drain a little to make sure there was fuel.Other than that you had to trust the fuel gage.

I feel for you. had a real close call out there on Seneca a couple months ago and yesterday got blasted on Chautauqua by the nasty thing that made its way through W/CNY. Fortunately the wind wasn't kicking as hard as you had. But we had to make the 6 miles back navigating purely via GPS becuase we couldn't see more than 20 feet (first outing with it- what a lifesaver!). Sucks having to slow down when all you want to do it throttle up and get off the water before the lightning makes its once-in-a-lifetime presence felt.

One of the nastiest waves I have been on were on Seneca in April.

that was probably around the same time then: weather out of the south will do that. it was choppy all day, but that storm came up fast and furious and created some real mean swells. couple other guys couldn't even make it from the state park at the north end over to the city launch a short ways away!