Fishing 5/13-5/15

Yeah good info is hard to come by. But I wanted to give it a ****. I'll be coming from Pittsburgh pa. So I was keeping an open mind to a couple different ports. Youngstown, ollcot, and oak orchard were the main 3 I was looking at. I've heard they were starting to see kings off the Niagara bar but it seems others have been running into one here and there elsewhere too. Ideally I'm just looking to get into fish and have a good chance of boating and fish. I've got spoons,Smithwick longs, flashers with hoochies. Planned on picking up some cowbells. I suppose I'm seeking some direction and tech ultimately.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Divers with wire or braid are a must. Riggers if you have them. I run spoons with free sliders off riggers and spin doctors with flies on divers. Lead core or copper off inline boards gets baits off to the sides of the boat better. This is where your stickbaits will shine on steelhead coming back to the main lake after the spawn, as well as kings and cohos riding in the warmer water up high. I'll be spending a lot of time on Erie until then and the pro am is the weekend after you come up so reports will be limited.

Divers on mono doesn't work very well. You need a wire setup or braid setup to run divers.

Depending on ur targeted fish divers are not needed. If u want lakers you will need them if they aren't hitting on riggers.

Ryno23 I have braid for my divers. Just no lead or wire. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear. As far as fish go I'm actually more interested in kings but I'm not sure how far I need to go to find them. If the lake cooperates I'd go as far as needed I suppose. But I'm also ok with catching whatever's hitting if anything that's within my reach with a 20 foot deep v

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You will do fine. Fish the marks on your graph, and you shouldn't have to go much deeper than 150' at that time. Usually it's top 60 FOW and a spoon bite but flashers will definitely need to be in your spread to call them in and catch a few if you find the hot pattern. Looks like you found a partner in crime and that helps a ton too. Good luck

I would suggest to eventually get a down speed & Temp setup(if you don't have one already). I fished my first 2 years on Lake o without one. I caught fish but after I got one and figured out how to use it effectively my hookups went WAY up.

They aren't cheap.