Bert's Rod Holders

KING ME

After using many differnent company's and designs I have finally found the perfect rod holder for dipsey rods and wire. Bert's Tackles New Ratcheting rod holder.

Best Features:

SOLIDLY locks into a number of angles

Mounts via track system so it can be moved or removed with just a turn of 3 thumb screws.

Ratcheting feature alllows you to swing rod holder upwards while removing your rod. No more fighting to get a wire rod out of the rod holder.

I was so impressed with the rod holders for the wire rods that I outfitted my entire but with them........rigggers, cores, copper, planer board and dipsey rods!!!!!!!!!!

As far as price the holder alone is $65.00 (not including mounting track) but worth every penny.

Had that very problem last August. My guest was vertically challenged and a little mal-nourished to boot. He was unable to pull the rod from the holder without some help. We later came to the conclusion that it was much easier to stand the holder up and then take the rod.

I would like to see some of your boats that are set up with Berts. I am going to rig up my 21 fter this winter and know what I would like to do, but these Berts stand up rod holders mite make me change a few things.

Can you guys post any photos of the back ends of your boats, how you have them set up and explain about them. I had my 17ft nice, but the 21 is wider and have some more options. 2 or 4 riggers? where to mount the rod holders. Transom bar for a center rod holder? I am going to get some pictures of the back end of mine before I put the boat in the barn for hibernation. :D

Jax Ill probably be heading up to Cayuga this Sunday.If the weather cooperates. It will be my 6th Sunday In a row fishing.Ill take some rodholder pictures.Ive got like 26 rodholders on the boat.... Looks like a porcupine.

And still in the panic of a couple fish on and one in the net I find myself short on where to put the rod to get it out of the way.

jax,

i just checked and I do not have any pics of the back of my boat with the bert's system on. I just added them last spring - sorry.

As far as where to mount rod holders or riggers that's the wild thing about bert's, they are on a track system you can move, slide or remove anything, any wheres- and this is done without DRILLING or unscrewing.

I add/remove riggers and rod holders all the time - even while on the water.

http://www.teclausa.com/bert/

I Just put them on this spring also they are GREAT I should have put them on years ago I think they are the best built system out there the rod holders are awsome I'm adding more this year.If you do go with a track system put the longest track you can so you don't have to buy longer ones later(like me).I also bought the incert that you put in to fill up the middle of the track.There killers on the knees if you don't have them.Good luck.

Erby - you did go with the berts? didn't we talk about them last winter and i recommended them?....can't remember if it was you or anyother board member.

As far as tracks go. I agree the inserts are great....I have them where people board but the "fishing areas" are insertless so I can move stuff around. I have a total of 24' off tracking around my cockpit!

Added note the bert's swievle (SP?) riggers mounts are the best. Solid as a rock and rotate with ease. Overall they are the best overall way to rig a boat with rod holders and riggers.

Steve Yeah you are the one that cost me big bucks on the rod holders :mrgreen: Matter of fact the dipsey in my oicture is in one of them.But I love them.Can you lock the riggers in place on the swivel or no(I'm talking theft) I leave my riggers on all year long but they have to tear my gunnels apart if they want them but are the berts stuff lockable Steve?

Erby,

the swievel bases are not lockable. they install like the rod holders. I runn Scotties and have locks on the riggers - so they would have to steal everything and couldn't get the bases apart from the riggers. I feel safe enough with that....if they want to steal your riggers they will no matter what. I would not worry to much about it.

bertsbrn.jpg

I was looking thru some old pictures I had and here are a couple of berts mounted 45 degrees in the track. They seem to work better that way running planerboards as you can point the rods toward the releice.Yea that brown is one of those long skinny ones you get into now and then.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys using the Bert's Ratchet Gear System rod holders or the older style rod holders?

I've been looking at both Bert's and Pursuit track systems, and I like what I've read about the Bert's ratchet system, but haven't seen or used them personally.

Thanks guys.

Bill