Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This afternoon at 4 I went out ,mainly to check the engines and to see how the new through hull transducer works. The transducer is soo much better than transom setup. going at 20 MPH it is still possible to see stuff.As for the other things; the engines run fine,but the plug is quite leaky so that has to be replaced. Anyway, I run a few lines with #9 rapalas and later with a few spoons. In about 10 feet of water east of I-Bay. The water temp was between 49 and 53 and the water is green, bur all I could come up with was one small brown. Anyway,it is good to be out again.

Edited by rolmops

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• down rigger rod holders

Looking for dual rod holders for cannon down rigger rear mount will consider front need two sets

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Scotty 2116 High Performance Down-riggers

Two almost brand new Scotty 2116 High Performance Electric Down Riggers . Used maybe 4 times . $600 EACH . Actual pictures of exact riggers upon request they are in my Storgage unit . Fish USA pics for informative use .     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app  

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Strapping down gas tanks and batteries

Hey guys. As in many of my previous threads, I just got done totally gutting and re-building my boat this spring. One thing I didnt realize with switching from carpet to all vinyl on the floor is that the gas tanks and batteries under the splashwell would slide around on the vinyl. I'll admit that they weren't secured on the old carpet which I know was not good. For the past couple months I've just been using a tie down across the front to keep them from sliding forward, but they still moved sid

in This Old Boat

• IBAY 8/24 and 8/25

Saturday got out to the end if the piers at 6am and turned around. Jigged up a catfish in the bay and decided it wasn’t our day. Breakfast at Bayfront.   Sunday I got my sister and nephew out. 2/5. One brown early and a laker. Fished 45-160. Didn’t mark much. Did anyone find kings around Rochester without going way offshore?     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• Preferred Down Speed and Rigger Lead Length

Been at this a while but I had a tough go of it this weekend with only a few mature Kings to show for it. Wires were dead silent and the riggers took all the fish. With that said, I know I could have done better. (Lake flip had some effect).    So so as a general rule, what is your preferred down speed and distance from the ball? Just wanna make sure my basics are covered.    I like 40 from the ball for the low rod and about 2.3-2.4.    Here is a pic with my buddy a

in Open Lake Discussion