Otisco live

MeatHunter737

Probably it is food related but in the north end the walleyes seem to be weed relate with in the south is rocks---in my opinion.  Just reread my last post, boy did I mistype there- sorry......jk

unfortunately in my kayak I am limited to an area once I decide where to fish then fish the heck out of it, especially at night. I wish I had more confidence in various areas of the lake but have only had consistent success in 2 areas so far so that is where I focus on. I need to hire Justin one of these days to learn the grounds better.

Had a little action midday trolling today...nothing crazy so far this year but definitely some willing participants.

Greenhornet

I know what your saying...I've spent most of my fishing career on land or in a canoe. No way to do what I do and consistently catch in a yak. You can definitely catch, but plan "A" has to work...

Otisco was pretty hot for me tonight just before dark even though I forgot that I had left my fishfinder battery at home on the charger.  Had a heavy fish on my second pass but came unbuttoned before I caught up to it in the yak.  As soon as I reset my line it fired again and landed a nice  26" walleye that went back to swim another day.  Just after sunset got another hit on the same rod and ended up being a nice 21" "eater" that I kept for dinner.  As always I also had a nice smallmouth visit for a quick photo op. Lots of mooneye activity on the surface tonight once the wind died down.  Best day I've had out there since last spring.

post-156407-0-30624600-1464149476_thumb.jpg

post-156407-0-10052100-1464149491_thumb.jpg

post-156407-0-35542200-1464149503_thumb.jpg

Justin, your lure recommendation from last year finally worked for me.  Every fish came on the size 9 except for the smallie on a Flicker Minnow!  I love seeing the rod bend all the way back to me while trolling over 40' of water, you know it's ON

Congrats! Saw you out there as I drove past you last night on the road. Props for releasing the big walleye. I'm giving Otisco a break tonight and heading to Owasco, good luck out there

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I tried casting a little after dark but when I caught the smaller eye trolling in the dark my other line wrapped around the yak and got into the fishfinder transducer in the back so I had braid all over the place and didn't want to hack it up all over the water so I just left it and dealt with it after I came in. 

Went out yesterday after school from 4-8 and fished tigers. Managed to get one follow from a tiger that seemed very timid. Got a couple accidental bass, biggest being a 19.75" tank of a smallmouth. Snapped a quick pic and measurement and she was back in the water within 20 aef6a6069680932c211a62a00b8c9582.jpgseconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ice fishing, we used to stay in our truck and fish right off the road above the Marina with tip ups.  Most people used Alwives but we used nighties.  there used to be 4 or 5 cars of guys doing that  10- 20 years ago......jk