King Slammin Walleye opener

King Slammin

Fished Erie from midnight to 3:00 am. Tough out there last night. Only got one trolling. Ended up locating them with the headlamps and casting to them. Had a lot of follows but not that aggressive shallow water bite yet. Had to use a slow sinking shadow rap and twitch it in front of them to get bit. It was cool sight fishing though. Lost a few on short strikes. My father in law and sister in law aren't cut out for that kind of fishing and made us leave at 3:00. post-149813-14626295880062_thumb.jpg

Good job and thanks for the report and pics ....

I had a similar plan but I got a new pair of crutches a few days ago instead.

I hope to make it out for the night bite , my favorite kind of fishing.

Those fish can get addictive.

Keep the pics and reports coming....

Is that pic with the 5 fish from last night? 1 from trolling & 4 from casting sounds like fun except for the dark. lol

Yes it is from last night. It was fun sight fishing. I've never fished the opener before but couldn't resist with my new boat. Another week or two the bite should pick up but it was tough last night. Took some finesse

Way to go mr slammin, not bad for three hours.

Me and my boys headed for the st lawrence this afternoon to fish for a few days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks man! I love fishing at night. Only boated three last night but had about 15 bites. Couldn't keep them hooked. Hoping to make it out again Wednesday night. Good luck up at SLR.