New to the forum- and to boating (kind of)

2-5 gallon pails with holes drilled in the bottom, remove handle & drill holes for 3/8 or bigger rope to make the handle, this will get you down in speed.

I used a 1" drill size, made a X on the bottom of the bucket and drilled a hole about ever 3"s Attach the buckets so they don't reach the back of the boat and get tangled in the prop or your rigger lines. Take a cordless drill along to make more holes in 4 areas where there aren't any holes if you think more is needed, I think I drilled 3 more holes in the areas that didn't have any, then I didn't need throttle on to get to 1.8,2.0mph,this doesn't need to perfect just so it's somewhat near the same, if you have a cleat midship I'd anker the rope from the cleat to your new rope handle, so the whole bucket lays in the water. Try to keep the buckets across from one an other, this will help keep the boat straight. This will anker you down to the water making the boat more stable in rougher seas, and this is where the longer rope to your handle comes into play buy not pulling the buckets out of the water in 3+footers, Hope this makes sense, or helps!! PAP

Edited by pap