seneca 5/7

wife and  I fish today to practice up for derby had grate day it was one rod after another for lake trout lost count of how many she drove and netted I ran rods and leaders ended the day with a big landlocked for sure a board fish now in bowl  waiting the grill :)

Did you get the Gambler Rigs to go?

hi brian , no did not thanks for getting back me with the information I ask you what I have is the mags need to get the regular  size should have tried the smaller peanuts I have. the two seth green rods where more than I could deal with today

Edited by fisherdude

The blue glow combo you ordered do you want two regulars? If so, I have the cowbells and regular blue glows sitting at my house waiting to be sold. Let me know.

My son and I fished the north end as well but mostly to break-in and test out my new kicker. We ended up 5 for 5 on lakers and all survived to fight another day but couldn't find any silver action. Lakers were all deep as noted in the above post. the new kicker broke in beautifully and it was pleasurable being able to hear each other talk over the minimal motor noise (vs. my 2 stroke).

Edited by Sk8man

My son and I fished the north end as well but mostly to break-in and test out my new kicker. We ended up 5 for 5 on lakers and all survived to fight another day but couldn't find any silver action. Lakers were all deep as noted in the above post. the new kicker broke in beautifully and it was pleasurable being able to hear each other talk over the minimal motor noise (vs. my 2 stroke).

Got a four stroke too this year. 2 stroke seized on me soooo got out my wallet and bought a four stroke. Less noise and smell.

I also fished the N end today. Got three fish to the boat. Dropped a few behind the boat .No silver action. The stuff that works on Cayuga doesnt seem to work on Seneca,I seen the fish down real deep 200ft  plus but I did not go after them. They were on huge piles of bait..Derby time I might but I was not keeping fish.

The fish we caught were spittin up minnows ,not the gobies they are supposed to be eating.

The fish we caught were scraped off the bottom could not find the suspended fish in the zone  I like to target.

Congrats on the new kicker Les

Can't beat the 4 stroke

Les, are you ever going to fess up and say how much that motor really cost you?  I know in order for you to get the "ok"  to buy that motor, you had to make a trip to the jewelry store to smooze the wife.

:lol:  Thanks John. Bob I figured I got my moneys worth out of the 2 stroke 9.9 after 29 years and it still runs fine but I did want less noise and not have to screw mixing the gas. No new jewelry Hop  I guess she may have got tired of hearing me talking about the new motor :lol: We found the fish bottom oriented like you Fishstix with only a few located about 5-10 ft up from bottom but not much bait noted where we were.

Edited by Sk8man