Lowrance Autopilot - thanks.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Hank at L&M in Port Bay, he helped me complete the lowrance autopilot install both on his phone and in person. Great work and great person. Thanks Hank.

I know in talking with you over the last several weeks as you were working through the process and how much he was helping you the whole time, I will say he definitely went above and beyond. Now, let's go fishing!

Guys - took it out for the first sea trial last night in I-Bay, there was a chop in the bay and I was impressed with it. I took it in/out of Stand By mode (manual vs auto) with no issues from both the GPS and override button. The system was quite for sure and adjusted my line often and stayed on line perfectly. This is my first experience with an autopilot, so can't give you much comparable thoughts. Installation on my small boat was not difficult except for space and layout - I cut an access panel and put the pump, network, computer and electrical in there. I did most all the install minus the electrical breaker and bleeding the hydraulics (that's a two man job for sure) - its doable to DIY. I did not see any interference on my sonar while in auto mode. One issue was when I first powered unit up to commission it, my new HDS9 could not find my autopoliot, after a couple calls to lowrance we finally got it resolved my software was v4.0 and needed to be upgraded to v5.5, after that it went smooth. Lowrance tech support was average, I build and support software for a living so I think they could be better. PM me if you have specific questions. I hope to have more thoughts when I start lake fishing asap. Eric

I put one in last year  with the gen 2 touch you an draw a line with your finger   and the pilot  takes you on that path  no issues at all   yet    like another  person on the boat

Good to hear. Thanks for the post. I have a Trophy with rack and pinion steering. Lowrance is the only choice I have for an autopilot. Looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and make the purchase. I do a lot of solo fishing. It sure would make things a lot easier.