Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Launched solo out of Treman early Sat am. Set up running bright sticks and a purple alpha alewife in 13'. The spoon fired twice off a shallow rigger before a stick even moved so I pulled the sticks and ran three FLT aa purples, that proved to be a good choice. Lots of small salmon with one that broke 19". Lost a really nice salmon and got a 4.5 lb Brown to the net. That was all before 8am. Pulled lines and headed to Laker land in front of salt plant, not even one pass and had three in the boat, while reeling in the last fish my rigger fired and had my fourth ( released to fight another day). Hot ticket was a iron duke fly not sure of the name with some green and yellow glow, and the gold n purple " dressed to kill"

I've shortened my fly leads down to 22" and that seems to be the ticket. Then again maybe the bite is just picking up, lol. The Lakers were full of sculpin or gobies, hard to tell so digested. The meat is dark orange and very tasty! See you FLTA guys Sunday at Keuka...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Brown on top Laker bottom, I challenge the guys that don't like to eat Lakers to take the Cayuga Pepsi challenge, :lol:

post-150622-14627137248816_thumb.jpg

just came home from grocery store told wife this keeps up you be eating lake trout :puke:   :puke:

Nice! Now get off my Lawn :lol: Hahaha... I am going out Tuesday for shake down, if boat don't sell on Monday. Got a guy coming from Springwater, Ny.

Laker are great , I go by fin color orange fin and darker body color = great taste..... good luck on Keuka

Nice! Now get off my Lawn :lol: Hahaha... I am going out Tuesday for shake down, if boat don't sell on Monday. Got a guy coming from Springwater, Ny.

Ha, you still have cats in your pond from those we put in a long time ago. Where ya gonna fish outta?

Launched solo out of Treman early Sat am. Set up running bright sticks and a purple alpha alewife in 13'. The spoon fired twice off a shallow rigger before a stick even moved so I pulled the sticks and ran three FLT aa purples, that proved to be a good choice. Lots of small salmon with one that broke 19". Lost a really nice salmon and got a 4.5 lb Brown to the net. That was all before 8am. Pulled lines and headed to Laker land in front of salt plant, not even one pass and had three in the boat, while reeling in the last fish my rigger fired and had my fourth ( released to fight another day). Hot ticket was a iron duke fly not sure of the name with some green and yellow glow, and the gold n purple " dressed to kill"

I've shortened my fly leads down to 22" and that seems to be the ticket. Then again maybe the bite is just picking up, lol. The Lakers were full of sculpin or gobies, hard to tell so digested. The meat is dark orange and very tasty! See you FLTA guys Sunday at Keuka...

Nice job and nice report John... Good news, I got the materials for the All Dressed Up Fly so will have them on the website soon.. I had a crazy weekend getting the family cottage open and docks in the water this weekend and Mother's Day today so I didn't get a chance to fish this weekend but hopefully will be out there both days next weekend.. Definitely see you at Keuka Sunday tho..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice work John and good luck on Keuka next weekend.

Thanks guys, Joe, we'll be following you or Mike, lol!:lol:

Gobies.. The lake is infested with them these days, and from what I understand, all the predators are eating them.. Might change the habits of lakers a bit, not being forced to  stay close to the alewives.. I also wonder if the lakers might taste better  as time goes on, as they will be eating less of those little oily Alewives... bob

By clean them right do you mean bleeding them out soon after you catch them or something different?

I will release the big ones and eat the 18-22" ers. I filet them with care to not let the guts touch the meat, rinse my board a lot and keep them ice cold prior to fileting.

All my laker are coming from Lake Superior, but You still have to get the ALL the fat off. I also rinse my fillets in bowl or sink until the water no longer clouds up. Put in fridge overnight and rinse again eat or freeze. Our redfin's are almost as orange as salmon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guess the old saying you are what you eat applies to the Lakers!:lol:

Thanks guys, Joe, we'll be following you or Mike, lol!:lol:

Lol.. Not liking the long range forecast tho cold front pushing in late Saturday night. Should make for another tough one.. Good luck and see ya out there

Mike

Any body got temps for Keuka ?

Hope it's like year before last with that monster you caught Mike!

Joe you don't have to work for those fish they jump in your boat like Asian carp.

Just means better work harder get ready for some fun and excitement

Those big ones are there.. That particular day we caught those two Lakers within 5 minutes of each other, same set up same depth,same rigger .. Hopefully the weather doesn't slow the fishing down two much.. I'm just ready to fish. ..

Mike203fbc5802517c8cbf2c69a7acc1ec80.jpgde048301fbc6073e62e5ea2c07e66e2d.jpg

Any body got temps for Keuka ?

Hope it's like year before last with that monster you caught Mike!

Joe you don't have to work for those fish they jump in your boat like Asian carp.