Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
longspurs

Scoot and shoot !

Saturday am I got out to the woods for the roost hunt. Not a pep.. 6 am hit the call. Bird hammers 120 yards away I sit down , he gobbles again I stop calling . he gobbles . Next thing I'm wondering is where is he .... ha coyote wtf. Game over .

I then go to another spot at 1030. I'm in the back of the woods, hit the slate . Turkey hammers back towards the truck but out in the field. he needs to get to the woods eventually and I'm in between. I creep through the woods to the field Edge. I look out into the field and see a Strutter also with a Jake. I hit the call again he gobbles and struts making his way very slow towards me. I stop calling to keep him looking. He makes his way to 45 yards but can't get a clear shot through the little bit of brush. He strutted back to where he was... Now I know I'll never call him back. So I'll have to see if he's the boss, I pulled out my turkey fan crawled out into the field 5 yards he sees the fan goes out of strut gobbling running as fast as he can 2 me he stops at 5 yards goes into full strut and goggles I dropped the fan and shoot him at 6 yards. It was the most unbelievable Adrenaline Rush ever.

post-160085-14627214069776_thumb.jpgpost-160085-14627214516399_thumb.jpgpost-160085-14627215568103_thumb.jpg

The beard was 9 inches most of it was broke off from the harsh Winters. It had 1 1/4 spurs, and weighed 24 pounds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks !!! I called it big foot. Never seen a foot that big. He had spur gashes on his legs all over and infections old and new. I think his legs had been frozen in the winters they were yellow/whiter/gray. Kinda weird looking

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job on the old war horse! He was a fighter!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app