Quinte Opener

Kevin J Legg

Fished opener with bunch of great guys at Mr. Walleye's. Yesterday we weren't able to locate good fish. Took plenty of small fish 13" and under which bodes well for the next couple years. Lots of people on the water and didn't see many decent fish netted. Caught enough for a delicious fish fry last night but only a few over 14". I came home early to turkey hunt tomorrow and was sent a text that they had three over 19" this morning.

Always enjoy my time at the Loon's Nest on Green Point.

Way to go Kevin ,very slow up north also, personally only seen about 5 fish netted. Water was warmer than normal, we think we missed it where we were , should have been there 2 or 3 weeks ago if it would have been open. Be going back up next weekend but farther up.

I heard mixed results at Lisbon. Some guys caught a nice bunch and others had a tough time. The guys that stayed and fished Quinte today had a much better morning with a limit of fish 16-22".

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Started strong this weekend. All 18 and 19 inchers. We caught over 50 walleye the opening night trolling. But only 12 were over 18 inchs. My friends caught a 6 ft sturgeon on a lure which was cool. On the slr USA side

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Roybee

Near the berg. I would post a picture of it but I am not sure if the picture would get anyone in trouble or not so I am not going to post it. Legal picture or not it was the fish of a life time for sure and after a 2.5 hour fight I would do the same... It was safely released and swam away strong.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Roybee

Cool, had one on down by fishers landing one night near light house, it was either that or a muskie not sure which one, couldn't move it at all then all of a sudden hell broke loose for a minute and it was over. The guy I was with has fished the river all his life and he looked at me and said I bet you had a sturgeon on one will never know. Would have like to got it to the surface to no for sure.

Roybee. That is so neat. Couldnt agree more- fish of a lifetime for sure!! As it turns out, by coincidence, my cousin knows your friend and he sent me the pic this morning. Beautiful fish and what a great experience.