Sodus Point Fish Stocking

Sodus Point will be receiving some of their hatchery fish this Thursday and Friday, May 12th & 13th, 2016 around 12 noon. A few bodies are always needed to help the hatchery staff. Not a big job, about an hour of your time. The trucks arrive around noon at the Lighthouse Pier near the south end. This will be part of our Brown Trout stocking program. Also on Friday, the 13th(oh boy), we will be receiving our barge stocking of Lakers. No help needed with this but cool to see it happening. If you can support the project for about an hour or so on either day or both, it would be appreciated. Thanks, Dane Brown

Wish I lived a bit closer to Sodus, I would help no problem.

Thanks for all you do for this, I've only been docking out of Sodus last year and this year, but really glad to see this.

I have a 3 year old son and a 1 year daughter I want them to experience the same fishery in Lake O that I have the past 5 years since I've started fishing up there. Once my kids are abit older we will diffidently be up there helping with this program as much as we can to assure the future of the fishery.

Thanks again for leading the charge in this.

Edited by Ryno23

Just received notify that the DEC stocking truck will arrive at Sodus Pier on Thursday at 1:00PM, not 12 noon as earlier posted. Friday is still scheduled for noon. All and any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

DB, Thanks for your involvement with the stocking, got a chance to see the Browns go in and was nice to see very little predation, little Browns were feeding on bugs within 5 minutes of stocking. we have an absolute world class fishery out there and I am grateful to be able to enjoy it every day, hats off to everyone involved.