Spring KOTL - We fished our first tournament of the season, and we just missed winning it! Our Yankee Troller team took 2nd place in the event, 1st place in the high performance Calcutta division, and 2nd place in the Saturday Calcutta. We landed on a good spot just West of the boarder on the Canadian side. In the first few hours we took 4 Salmon on spoons. Our last two Salmon we ground out on Familiar Bite meat. One off our Cannon downrigger, and another on a 600' A-TOM-MIK copper.

Wilson Harbor Invitational - We fished our second tournament of the season this weekend, and we WON it! Our Yankee Troller team took 1st place at the 2016 Wilson Harbor Invitational while running a charter. We averaged 18lbs with 6 fish. Out of 53 teams we were the only team to weigh in 6 Chinook Salmon. It was a grind all day, but we managed to go 7/8 on Kings. All came on Familiar Bite meat. Our hot set-up was a 150' diver pulling a meat rig. Excuse the lack of excitement in the following video. We were the 3rd team to weigh in, and had no clue our box was going to be as good as it was.

Edited by Yankee Troller

Great start to the season. What no kings on the Yankee Bay Rat? Lol

We had one take one of ours in Rochester, but now that we're up West no sticks are going in the water. Metal, meat, or flies!

We had one take one of ours in Rochester, but now that we're up West no sticks are going in the water. Metal, meat, or flies!

I know. Just busting your balls. Great finish in the first two events of the year. I hope it's king mayhem for the Pro Am.

Yankee how did you guys do the days leading up to tourney? Just curios because we seen huge changes in all aspects lure and depth mainly. Congratulations on the win, you guys obviously make the right choices on game day.

Yankee how did you guys do the days leading up to tourney? Just curios because we seen huge changes in all aspects lure and depth mainly. Congratulations on the win, you guys obviously make the right choices on game day.

Wednesday we went 1/1 on Salmon. Thursday we went 2/4 on Salmon. Both days fishing the drop. Water warmed up Thursday a little so we fished 6mile to 4mile Friday and went 4/4 on Salmon. Worked the same area Saturday and went 7/8 on Salmon.

In my experience when the salmon bite starts on the bar it seems like the bigger fish are always on the leading edge spreading out as the water warms. The bar will generally hold numbers, which wasn't the case Saturday, but the bigger fish will be deeper (North) or further east. Case and point being the second place team. They fished out front of Wilson and had a 25 and a 22lb salmon in their box.

Sent from my XT1575 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were working the same water as you Yankee... First time we passed each other I said to my buddy who's pretty new to fishing that if that Trojan says Yankee troller on the back we are working the right water... Can't say we did nearly as well as you though...

Congrats to team YANKEE now that your team is hot will we see you guys on the EAST END?????? again congrats !!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to come East. One thing I want to get better at is Summer Brown Trout, and that program is definitely East of where we fish. Problem is July and August are our busiest months for chartering.

We were working the same water as you Yankee... First time we passed each other I said to my buddy who's pretty new to fishing that if that Trojan says Yankee troller on the back we are working the right water... Can't say we did nearly as well as you though...

LOL....good stuff. It wasn't easy in there. 

Yank,

Great start to the season and thanks for the report.  That was a great avg. for 6 fish and the fish are definitely larger than last two springs (milder winter). I would have guessed all deep fish for you guys...

Congrats. to all of the top 8 check earners.

Saturday, we were just 2 for 4 on kings and 2 for 5 on coho bites.  All of our king bites came deep 110-120 in 230-260 FOW.  Coho bites top 50.  Our best king day that week was 7 on Thursday but we fished a long day. Could not repeat it tho 

See you this weekend.

Capt. Pete

www.visionquestfishing.com

See us on Face Book