Downriggers on a Starcraft Superfisherman

Hi everyone-frequent reader, but not a frequent poster here on this forum. I have really learned alot from reading about the techniques and stories that are put on this forum, so I really value the opinions here. I am buying a 2008 Starcraft Superfisherman 180 this week. I have Scotty Downriggers ready to install from the boat I just sold. The boat i am buying has a track system on its gunnels. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with the track systems in terms of: can I mount the DR's to them with a track mount system and not worry about the torque on the gunnels? Or do they still create too much torque to just mount them? I needed to use a trolling bar on my last boat do to the torque my Scotty's put on my gunnels...will I run into the same thing here? Thanks! jd

Track systems are the way to go, as long as the tracks are installed with backing plates under gunnel you will be fine. You will like having the back of the boat open, in stead of Trolling bar, at least I did. . get some risers that slide into tracks for your riggers. Takes literally a couple minutes to take all the Trolling stuff off if you fish other ways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Track systems are the way to go, as long as the tracks are installed with backing plates under gunnel you will be fine. You will like having the back of the boat open, in stead of Trolling bar, at least I did. . get some risers that slide into tracks for your riggers. Takes literally a couple minutes to take all the Trolling stuff off if you fish other ways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So the tracks are factory installed on the Superfishermans I believe. I know the new ones are anyway. This boat is a 2008 and I am pretty sure it comes with the Bert's track system. I am not sure if I am able to look underneath the track system or not (getting the boat Wed or Thur) so I will take a look I guess when I get it. I will get the risers. I noticed they look like they are made to fit a number of DR's. Does anybody know if the Bert Downrigger mounts fit Scotty 1100's or not? Thanks again for taking the time to respond to this question!

I have a 2001 superfisherman 196. Here's my track setup. Berts track, 36" for rod holders and 12" for riggers. I have 3/4" Azek PVC board bolted with fender washers as backing. Cannon 4" swivel pedestal mounts and berts ratcheting rod holders. I can have the holders and riggers off or on in less than 3 minutes.

post-149813-14628207265706_thumb.jpg

post-149813-14628209392747_thumb.jpg

So one more question-does anybody know if the Bert's downrigger stationary mounts can be used with the Scotty bases? I have Scotty swivel mounts. I am hoping I can buy the Bert's stationary mounts, and attach my swivel bases of my Scotty's to them...thoughts?