Gas leaking due to expansion

Hey guys... I was out doing yard work yesterday and noticed that gas was leaking from my combination perko gas fill/vent.  I went over to the fill and popped the lid, what a mistake.  The gas came flying out faster than what I can put it in at the pumps.  I ran a wire down through the vent line to verify that it wasnt blocked and the wire went through into the fitting at the tank so I dont believe there is a block.  Do you think the combo fill/vent could be bad somehow?  I did have the boat sitting with the nose up in the air pretty hard, but in all my years of owning bass boats that had twin 26 gallon tanks, I have never experienced this.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Make sure vent line doesn't have a low spot in it. Sometimes fuel line for the vent can fill up with fuel. This will cause the same issue. Even create the pressure. The weight of the fuel in vent line. Need to blow fuel line out. Make sure fill cap is off before you do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The only time I ever experienced anything like that was when I had just got my boat and I filled the 60 gal tank too full and the heat of the day caused the gas to expand a lot and it overflowed  from the pressure build up.