Never fished lake O and haven't gotten a map yet

So we're coming to fish this weekend. I've heard a lot of talk about fishing the 80-150 fow range. How far out of wilson will I need to run to get to those depths ? I tried looking at maps online but they are blurry. Planning on getting a map fri when we arrive. But was hoping to get so pre map info. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You really should get a sonar!  And for sure you should have navionics on your phone as a minimum. Check the laws as well, in Canada you need to have a chart on you while navigating Lake O. People have been fined without one.

Having said that, this bathymetry map may provide some information, but it doesn't replace a real chart.

https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/image/images/ontario_72.pdf

It's not a far run at all and if you headed west a bit it drops a bit quicker and also varies cause of the Niagra Bar. If your Lowrance has the Lake Insight to it it will have the drops on it but I would invest in the a avionics Hot maps NE card, very detailed even on smaller water.

If you have the Erie map then you will be able to get by with it on Ontario. Just watch yourself toward the Bar area the depth grids aren't exact by any means but work the outside (north) of the Bar and you will get into them

Lol..... Well hillbilly this is gonna be my first trip ever with my brand new boat so I'm gonna be being extra cautious. I'm just hoping to catch a fish period no matter the species. But after I get some time under my belt I'll be sure to look into going north of the boarder off the bar. We're launching out of wilson so I'm thinking 3-6 miles is about as far as I'm going to travel for my first expedition. Hopefully I'll be able to locate some fish in that zone.

Lol..... Well hillbilly this is gonna be my first trip ever with my brand new boat so I'm gonna be being extra cautious. I'm just hoping to catch a fish period no matter the species. But after I get some time under my belt I'll be sure to look into going north of the boarder off the bar. We're launching out of wilson so I'm thinking 3-6 miles is about as far as I'm going to travel for my first expedition. Hopefully I'll be able to locate some fish in that zone.

I fish out of Niagara on the Canadian side, and it's a rare day on the water that we don't catch fish. Welcome to the big lake, perhaps our paths will cross. Any questions just ask. I'm not a pro but have fished the south Shore for a few years.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Honestly I'll take all the info I can hillbilly. I'm taking my father and are really just looking to catch anything. I've got big boards dipsys and riggers flashers with squids stinger spoons and enough shallow and deep diving stick baits to choke a whale. But all I know is by what I've read so far on here and online. My game plan was to run 4 rods off the boards with a weight system down to 35-45 feet with spoons and then run the flashers with the squids of the riggers one just off the bottom and the other about 20 ft off the bottom. Do you think that will produce ?

Ive been marking fish from 30 to 40 down and within 5 feet of bottom for the past 3 days out of Wilson, if what you put in the strike zone isnt getting hit just change some lures out until you find the winning combo. What time are you planning to launch? If the wind cooperates ill be fishing out of Wilson Saturday and Sunday.