Now what do I do w/ them?

Last week I took two little solo runs out on the “BIG PONDâ€, I’m retired so I fish when ever the water is gentle and NO it wasn’t on Lake “Oâ€., hoping to find Kings.  Well, I did net two Kings, one each day, but I had to fish and net 5 Lakers also.  The general consensus around here in the southern basin is that it’s becoming a Laker or nothing fishery so I guess it’s time to re-adjust my program.  Couple of years back my #2 son gave me a few sets of cowbells.  F/F’s, spin-n-glows I have dialed in, but I in the dark with these gang trolls other than fish’um on DR’s.  Any general info would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Martin

post-160336-0-43042600-1462901159_thumb.jpg

You can fish them directly behind a downrigger up short towards the weight or they can be fished from a dedicated rod . I most often run them off roller tip wire rods with a three way swivel with a 2 lb weight suspended from the bottom part of the swivel about 20-24 inches (20 lb test so if hang up you lose just the sinker). They are most effective run about 1.4-1.8 mph just off bottom or intermittently touching bottom with the sinker. They need to be carefully run this way with downriggers constanlty monitoring bottom contour and speed. Cowbells run this way are very effective for lakers.

Edited by Sk8man