Been a few weeks, got out at 7...tried browns until 8:30, fished from 7 - 25 fow. Very clear water and no hits. Moved out and picked up a coho and dropped another fish 60 feet down over 100fow, moved out a bit deeper and marked a number of fish 100-110 down over 150 - 180 fow. Dropped a rigger and picked up a nice laker. Took 2 more shots and called it a day around 11:30. Not the greatest day, but better than working! Anyone having luck out there? Sodus reports have been scarce the last few weeks. Looked like a number of boats were fishing in the 100 to 140 range, I'm guessing lakers?

Had a blast Saturday morning caught 27 browns in 20 to 30 foot of water hooked two kings in 60 foot of water and put 23 more browns in the boat between 4 and 9 that's night but they don't have much size biggest Brown was 8,25 pounds and king was 28.75 pounds still a good day

Had a blast Saturday morning caught 27 browns in 20 to 30 foot of water hooked two kings in 60 foot of water and put 23 more browns in the boat between 4 and 9 that's night but they don't have much size biggest Brown was 8,25 pounds and king was 28.75 pounds still a good day

The south shore for browns is like pulling teeth and you do 50 in a day and a 28+# King? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Look at when he joined the site, call major BS!!! Just someone sitting behind a keyboard trying to start crap. Have to love the web!!! Those of us out there know the real story!!!

LOL 3 boys trolling, I don't think they were trolling but they were pulling, just not fish. The old saying " you can't fix stupid" moving right along.

No was not in derby will be back up this Saturday and Sunday fishing out of sodus just have to no what your doing and were to go the fish are not hard to catch there if ya got the right gear and study the lake

Your right, all of us that has been doing this for decades are clueless. If you really are catching that many. Where's the pics. "If you got the right gear". Then I'm sure u own a camera. Shut us all up. Post your pics. Also, could possibly be brown LAKE trout. I would believe that story. But that many brown trout.[emoji15].

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

O come on now fellows,we can easily out bs him,if we put just a little bit of effort into it.

Let's make this an official bs thread.

Ha I remember when I was 5 miles off shore in an inner tube with some shoelaces and a hook,and this monster hit my hook and started pulling me north,and at the same time these huge storm clouds started rolling in...

please add to this story.

So...back to ryonybony's topic, Sodus reports being scarce.  I've been reading quality reports from Oswego and Niagara with some decent reports in/near Irondequoit, but not much from Sodus.  I have been launching from Bear Creek for the last year, but just bought a bigger boat and will be keeping it at Sodus Marina so I will be fishing waters I've never covered.  Bear Creek area has not been very productive for me the last couple weeks.  Screens have been pretty bleak.  Lakers were going strong a few weeks ago, but even they seem to have dispersed from that area lately.

I heard the story rolmops , and then once you got that beast tied to the side of your tube the sharks started circling , and you beat them off with the boots you got the laces from , and then..........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I stack six poles on one down rigger and I run them 15 to 20 feet and average distance between poles is 10 to 15 feet have had no trouble with bottom one catching any other pole when fish bits

When you're a super fisherman anything is possible, cover the whole water column top to bottom with only one rigger and no fubars

Had to make sure everything still worked on the old boat before selling to the new owner so I went out of Sodus solo Sunday from 10AM  till just after 1PM, with the weather being what it was I decided to run two Seth Greens, a planer board and two coppers, started in 400' and worked my way out to 600', constant action, 5 kings to 40#, 12 steelies over 10# and lost some  screamers. Boy I wished somebody would of gone with me. At least the boat worked well, sure am glad I brought the windsocks to get my speed up. Odd there weren't more guys out there.

Hope I can hold a candle to some of the other BS'ers

Enjoy

I heard the story rolmops , and then once you got that beast tied to the side of your tube the sharks started circling , and you beat them off with the boots you got the laces from , and then..........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What? Did you know Earnest Hemingway too? Yea I was younger then , but he did use my story and he used my character for that little book he wrote. "the old innertuber and the sea " he wanted to name it.

I still have a copy of it somewhere.

Edited by rolmops

This is great. I love it. I'm downsizing my riggers from 4 to 1. We all know now that we can run all poles off 1 rigger. I'm so excited. I'm putting my riggers on the classifieds today. Oh and I caught a 41lb king on 6lb test with a 4lb leader. What a screamer, he took out almost all 2000 yards off my reel. Had him on the boat in under 5 minutes. What a great day that was. Oh and it was my bait cast reel. Then the king flopped and fell out the tuna door. Crap. He was gone. My camera was broken. I was fishing alone. Oh well, next time I fish the finger lakes I'm bringing a good camera. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah Bob and how about when you were handlining those 40 lb kings on the Seth Greens with the 12 ft. waves running solo....don't leave out that part. :lol: