So we decided to go play in Mexico Bay for the day. We left the dock around 6.15 and made our way out into a beautiful lake that was as flat as glass. We tried for browns from roughly in front of Catfish all the way west until almost in front of the Aluminum Factory and it was a blank screen and no hits all the way. So what do you do when you can't find the browns? You go look for lake trout. We turned north and out came the cowbells and Gambler's spin and glows. It was game on almost immediately and the lakers saved the day.We trolled between 90 and 160 f.o.t. and we had a great time. Because the surface water is still very cold we had great success releasing them. They all swam right back down again, which is amazing since most of these fish came from 140 feet down. We were joking about our fishing skills that seem to have deteriorated to the point where we need lakers to keep the skunk out,but then I reminded myself that Dan Keating dedicated a whole chapter about how mysterious and great a fighter the Laker is.

Anyway we had a great time on the water. 

Edited by rolmops

Had a pretty much identical ride as you did Rolmops , but was able to pick up 2 browns before we switched to lakers. Did have a hit on dr with ff. My youngest lost it after a short battle. A few other releases also. Not many fish marked and not a bait ball found. Back at it first thing in the morning is wheather cooperates a little. post-152890-14631908500471_thumb.jpg

Had a pretty much identical ride as you did Rolmops , but was able to pick up 2 browns before we switched to lakers. Did have a hit on dr with ff. My youngest lost it after a short battle. A few other releases also. Not many fish marked and not a bait ball found. Back at it first thing in the morning is wheather cooperates a little. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1463190837.690841.jpg

We did come upon a few bait balls both on the bottom and in the 40 foot over a hundred and twenty range. The one thing that caught their attention was a #0 red Luhr-Jensen metal dodger with a Dreamweaver SS Orange Crush in the 35 foot range. The fish quite regularly shot up to check it out,but in the end they did not hit.