REELJERKS it’s been a while since I posted

I have been out of the fishing loop for a few years.  I am a veteran of the United States Army and Iraq war (first one).  I have been going thru some rough times mentally for the last two or three years. It’s funny how long it takes for things to catch up to one.— Nuff said. 

Those of you that know me probably wonder why and where did I go, since you have not heard from me in a LONG time.

Well I got a phone call from a couple of old friends last week asking me to go derby fishing with them.  Captain Steve Drave and Captain Rich Fiandach, Blind Squirrel Sport Fishing  Charters.  We derby fished off shore out of the Port of Rochester and our main goal was to run off shore to target Kings for two days.  We found the Kings on the 1st day and caught many Kings, just shy by ounces both days to place a fish on the LOC board. We also caught steelhead and lake trout?  WTH are those lakers doing so deep??   Here are a few pics from my return to fishing trip, I’M BACK sos look out, LOL. 

So if anyone out there is looking for a person to go Pro Am or derby fishing I’m game, hell I might even entertain the idea of begin an observer, lol, I sold my boat,  get in touch.

It’s good to be back !! 

Thank you Steve and Rich for getting me back to the sport I love !! ( emotional ) 

Mark AKA REELJERKS

post-139472-0-53890900-1463150205_thumb.jpg

post-139472-0-85706700-1463150236_thumb.jpg

post-139472-0-70003000-1463150253_thumb.jpg

post-139472-0-87511700-1463151552_thumb.jpg

Mark- thank you brother. We always do well fishing together and have a great time. You know like I have said a million times boat is always open to you.

All it takes is a few 450 coppers and a few 375' PLUS wire rods to make live a little better.

We will definitely continue discussing plans and find a fourth man

Mark-

I did a fast/short reply earlier- had homeowner standing around me all day lol.

So I wanted to add... Only 2 or 3 people on this lake know my backgroun/past without getting into much you know I understand what your past few years have been like. That's why we have been continuously trying to get ya out on the water.

The 2 days out in the water where great, not just fishing but seeing you get back into the game. Every hour I watch you get a little more comfortable and unwinding. That's what it's all about and being able to see the "reeljerk" back on the big pond was like a blast from the past.

As far as the fishing goes- like riding a bike - comes back quick don't it lmao.

Only thing else I'm gonna say is I'm still upset you made me grab that last wire rod King!! Lmao

Glad ya got the Lake Ontario salmon fever again brother!

post-139473-0-39707100-1463167615_thumb.jpeg

Mark missed your reports and I'm glad to see your getting back into Lake O again. Your welcome on my boat anytime. Missed the old days on the King Me with you Steve and short handed. Woody

Hey Mark,

It's great to hear from you - glad you're back in the game my friend.

I also sold my boat, but it'd be great to catch up on Anthony's boat some time.

Be safe and stay in touch (same cell #),

Chris

Mark missed your reports and I'm glad to see your getting back into Lake O again. Your welcome on my boat anytime. Missed the old days on the King Me with you Steve and short handed. Woody

Hell ya that's what I'm saying.

Aaron,

Steve,

Anthony,

Steve,

Woody,

Chris,

Rod,

Tom

& Bruce,  Thank you.  & everyone else!!

Aaron congrats on the 11th place LOC fish,  We don’t even let them on the boat, LOL inside joke I’ll tell you someday.  

I’m in the market for another boat.

Mark

What could be better than a (blind) Spider Monkey in the back of the boat? Add a Sugar Glider!!! I need to weld more aluminum to the tuna tower for these two to climb on. Squirrel/Monkey/Glider on kickstart.

post-140268-14634157447152_thumb.jpg

I did wonder where and what happened Mark! I have always remembered your amazing catches and have saved some of these great shots of your catches! Welcome back, Mark! Hope you find a very nice vessel to enjoy. Looking forward to more great reports from you!

Soon, you will look like this!

post-140268-14634161697214_thumb.jpg

"I fish for salmon!"

Congrats on your journey back man! My gratitude for your sacrifices is overwhelming sir!

Mark

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app