Not Lake Ontario, but a big pond!

Fished out of Stuart, Florida. Got out late and started catching bait by 11:30-12:30. By 1pm, we were on our way out to deeper water watching for floating structure or weed masses. Found a flipped over plastic tub about three feet long. We threw two baits at it and immediately got two dolphin in the boat. Keepers, but on the smaller side. Caught some remoras while waiting for the next big bite. Had a bottom rod get hit hard and took only a couple seconds before a 30-35lb dolphin was jumping in front of us. Got him in and dropped the bait back down to catch a 20lb Cobia. Moved around trying to find some grouper or snapper only to have the fish cut us off in the reefs or have a shark cut it off half way down. By now, it's about 5:30-6:00 and we were catching nice vermillion snapper for dinner. We agreed to do one more drift through our productive dolphin waters hoping for a sailfish bite after seeing three ripping baitfish up as we trolled over. Cut the motor to drift, get four rods out, immediate strike but it spit the bait. Came back for seconds and we were hooked up. The sail circled the boat and took off jumping and shaking. Minutes after, a nice mutton snapper grabs another bait and is landed. Had another sailfish hit but he never came back before we had to clear lines and chase my fish down. He jumped probably around ten times and ran from us for about twenty minutes. Even chasing him down he was taking line. Incredible fish. Got some quick pictures and released him for next time. Waves were probably as minimal as the ocean could get and the weather was perfect.

Bill fish are awesome!!! Congrats on the nice catch. I have alwAys wanted to catch a mahi-mahi. Wife and I caught 2 striped marlin in Cabo a few years ago. Our first experience with bill fish. Highly addicting!!! Beautiful sailfish!!

Very cool and very jealous, sounds exciting as hell! I fished the Gulf two weeks ago and doesn't even compare to what you did. We caught Trout, Reds, Grooper, Lady Fish, and a Snook. Would trade for for your any day of the week!

Very cool and very jealous, sounds exciting as hell! I fished the Gulf two weeks ago and doesn't even compare to what you did. We caught Trout, Reds, Grooper, Lady Fish, and a Snook. Would trade for for your any day of the week!

At least you got some grouper! We tried for a couple hours only to have them run into rocks or get ripped up by sharks. We did pull up a pair of lips at one point, not really enough to identify the fish I would've caught...