Im sorry to hear about this horrible situation.    The scums will be caught one day.

I had my boat cleaned out once at Mayers Marina. It happened in late Fall when there was few boats left on the dock.

The U.S. Boat Insurance had my equipment covered including rods reels and tackle boxes.

After the theft, I put all of my gears in a large duffel bags. I no longer leave stuff on my boat. It is kind of a PIA hauling your precious stuff back and forth between the truck and the boat in the water. This gives me a peace of mind.

Now, I do have a honda kicker motor and I am going to buy a lock today.

God bless.

Major Haul.....I'm will keep my eyes and ears open...I live in this area,there have been several homes broken into also....they did find one outboard,,, up at Tupper Lake NY...the State Troopers tracked the guy down when he advertised it and sold it on Graiges list...he is now in jail...apperantly he is not buy himself....there are a lot of us keeping an eye out for these thugs....just might find them face down in the river....tight lines

I like your theory, find them face down in the river, sorry for your situation, since my back surgeries and becoming disabled, we put a alarm system in, and I was able to keep my carry permit, God bless the sole that enters my house or boat without permission. I think a example of one of these guys should be made, might make the next dude think twice, there ain't one tackle box wort dieing over!!!

Feel bad for you man!  That sucks, hopefully you can find who did this and sort them out!

Is your stuff insured. I created an inventory list of all my stuff (not in detail, but the sub-totals like # spoons, # flies, # flashers, allowances for terminal tackle like swivels, connectors). I obviously detailed the more expensive items like rods, nets, and fishfinder. I then added the replacement value (retail), and man the total was frightening.

I sent the inventory list to the insurance company as well as photos as proof of owndership.  We increased the personal effects coverage and now if anything happens I'm covered.

But I do get some of the stuff (like special lures) is not going to be easy to replace, as the companies are out of business.

I know the feeling. Happen to me 2 yrs ago sucks big time.

Ya BLOWS Jason got hit at the Oak and he was borrowing all my salmon spoons that weekend. So we both got it. Worst part is you know it's someone who is fishing out of the same area.

Tim is right no sense jumping to conclusions a lot of times the stuff just represents more dope to these losers and they just fence the stuff.

We all feel your pain, I firmly believe fisherman don't steal from fisherman. We all know how much it costs to own, rig and maintain a boat.

PARASITES should beaten then shot!!!

Everyone has been very helpful and many have offered tackle. It goes to show that the fishing community is a very good one. Thank you all. It's behind me know and we have had great fishing this week! All with borrowed gear. I will be back this summer for sure!