Not a good start to a weeks fishing trip. I was out a couple weeks ago fishing oak orchard. Because I was returning in 2 weeks I left the boat at the marina instead of towing it all the way back to Maine. Showed up last night and the boat was cleaned out! 9.9 Honda 4 stroke kicker was missing along with 30 years of tackle. Not a great feeling. Hopefully the fishing will help us forget about it.

I guess I would be thinking either someone living nearby, "inside job", or someone also with boat there as most marinas have lighting and often the possibility of cameras and of folks around which would deter many "would be's" not knowing the situation. I'd also be watching things like Craig's list and Ebay etc. and hopefully you've given the serial number to the police for potential recovery. It really sucks and that feeling of being "violated' sure isn't pleasant and you certainly have our sympathy.

Edited by Sk8man

Derby time brings temptation.  Every LOC I worry about my stuff as I have had three separate incidents with people helping themselves to my stuff during derby time.  BTW my stolen motor was recovered and an arrest made.  The person arrested was from Orleans county.  I would make sure you file a report with Orleans County Sheriffs Dept. and your home town police dept.  Supply them with a picture and serial numbers of the motor.  Call Honda and have them list the serial number as stolen. 

Derby time brings temptation.  Every LOC I worry about my stuff as I have had three separate incidents with people helping themselves to my stuff during derby time.  BTW my stolen motor was recovered and an arrest made.  The person arrested was from Orleans county.  I would make sure you file a report with Orleans County Sheriffs Dept. and your home town police dept.  Supply them with a picture and serial numbers of the motor.  Call Honda and have them list the serial number as stolen. 

I also had tackle stolen a few years ago also. I estimated it around $3500. But it was a lot of tackle that can't be replaced anymore. Not sure what you have for insurance, but my boat insurance ended up paying for 90% of its monetary value after I talked with them and gave them a police report of the incident. I did not have personal item theft in my original coverage but since I have had their boat insurance for over 15 years and never had an incident they choose to cover my loss, which was awesome. I now have EVERYTHING covered, including my 4 riggers and 3 sonar units. 

You are not the first in Orleans area...a couple of weeks ago there was a 25 hp outboard stolen right out of the guys back yard...have cameras set up on your boat dialed in to your cell phone...that way you can surprise the intruder at gunpoint...lots of drugies in Orleans county...they will take anything for the fast buck !! Doesn't matter how locked down it is,if they want it there going to take it !!

I'd be devastated if that ever happened to me. Closest I came to losing gear was I either left a gear bag at the ramp or in the back of my buddies boat. Had tons of ground fish gear in it. Either way it was gone the next day. Pretty sure it was left in my buddies boat and stolen out of it that night. Thieves suck that is all there is to it.

Takes a while to replenish and after you lose it you start to wonder if you should bother getting restocked up. I always take heat for locking down everything I can if for a quick trip in and out of a store. I trust no one.

Hope they catch the scum.

Major Haul.....I'm will keep my eyes and ears open...I live in this area,there have been several homes broken into also....they did find one outboard,,, up at Tupper Lake NY...the State Troopers tracked the guy down when he advertised it and sold it on Graiges list...he is now in jail...apperantly he is not buy himself....there are a lot of us keeping an eye out for these thugs....just might find them face down in the river....tight lines

Not a good start to a weeks fishing trip. I was out a couple weeks ago fishing oak orchard. Because I was returning in 2 weeks I left the boat at the marina instead of towing it all the way back to Maine. Showed up last night and the boat was cleaned out! 9.9 Honda 4 stroke kicker was missing along with 30 years of tackle. Not a great feeling. Hopefully the fishing will help us forget about it.

I know the feeling also . It is hard to replace your favorite spoons or lures that are no longer made . PM me with a list and I will donate a couple dozen or more .