Church Inline board problem

Last year I picked up some Church TX 22 boards to try out. I've only used them twice so far. Both times pulling a deep diving Reef Runner or Rapala Tail Dancer. And both times the board nosed dived and sank. Took me forever to get the dam thing back in.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have the weight too far forward?

Edited by jigstick

Ok. I put the weight all the way forward thinking I would need to when pulling these hard diving crank baits or jet divers. I'll try moving the weight back some

When the board dives point the rod tip downward towards the board and reel quickly . I've found that reeling them in fast right from the start usually prevents the diving.

Weights should be back to adjust depending on what you are pulling. Reef runnings don't put a lot of drag on the boards.  Definitely not enough to have both weights forward.

Is it diving when you are just leaving it out there, or when you are reeling it back in?

If it's when you are reeling it back in, there's a trick, as Sk8man points out.  Put the rod time close to the water when it's about 30 ft away and reel fast towards the center of the boat.

If it does nose dive, the only way to get it back is to let line out fast (to take the drag off) without bird nesting your reel.

It is the TX22s that I have. I was just looking at them. I think they are assembled correctly. Mine appear to have a piece of metal running across the bottom. It looks centered though. I put them together like the instructions said. So now I'm not sure why they are diving

IMG_3034_zpsxce9uxve.jpg

Sorry about the picture.  Its the only one I have at the moment.  And don't mind the tattle flag point down.  Its just flipped that way in the bucket.

That is the board I use off of the starboard side of the boat.  And when I pull a deep diving Taildancer, Reef Runner, or 30 Jet Diver off of this board, the nose sinks and dive underwater as soon as I put tension on the board.