state record pike ---Hoaxes

I happen to pick up a free NY fish and game monthly magazine at a gas station on the cover it showed a monster pike that said possible NY sate record but I thought in the back of my head I have seen this picture before its been floating around the internet for years????? The article in the NYF&GMM stated that this fish was caught at Chippewa bay and that the fish is pending the new state record……..

so I did some research on the internet and found out that the hole story was a lie

http://www.pacgb.co.uk/articles/blomedit.htm

huge-pike-1.jpg

monsterpike01.jpg

Please fill me in on any info I’m missing

Maybe this magazine is a farce like the national enquire but it looked like a legit publication

Oh Yea thats a pike caught in Europe and I would guess Sweden if my memory serves me right. Their Pike/perch/wallye(zander) grow so much bigger because the food base for these predators in Europe are primarily minnow type fish (soft ray fish) instead of our perch/crappie/bass/sunfish etc. spiny rayed forage that are more difficult to digest in terms of energy expanded. Now...forage bases have shifted here (alewives (soft ray)) and now we are begining to grow some of the largest walleyes on average any where. I saw that pic on the cover and didnt even open the flier because I was so confused on why they would put that on our local fishin mag.