Wanted Looking for a Sea Ray 290 Amberjack or similar layout

Good choice. I just bought one. Having it delivered next week. I know there are a couple LOU members that have Amberjacks. PM me if you have questions. I have already looked at quite a few that are out there.

What year did you buy A-Lure-A

I don't think so. I have also looked at some Tiara boats. Any thoughts on the Sundance?

Tiara is a solid boat that has an excellent fishing layout and is a good family cruiser with excellent accommodations for a family for weekend stays. I would characterize the Sea Ray Sundancer as more of a family cruiser that you can make into somewhat of a fishing boat. I'm sure it has been done, but it wouldn't be my preference for fishing. Whatever you decide make sure you get a thorough marine survey before buying. It'll be the best money you ever spent for peace of mind. Good luck in finding what you desire :)

Late 90's early 2000's are going for 35-45 grand and from what I have seen of the 2000's they are a lot more cruiser than fisher.The stern area is more for lounging than battling. For that kind of money I would be looking at a Tiara 29 Open and more than likely it will be a saltwater boat. The 29 Opens are as scarce as hens teeth on the Great Lakes. A good survey should eliminate any fears of salt water. Usually the exhaust manifolds will have to be replaced and other than that I wouldn't worry about a boat from saltwater as there almost always a closed cooling system and straight inboards. I usually go to Hudson Valley on craigslist and search the 60 or so surrounding areas and come up with quite a few of them. Blackwatch, Alberemarle, Henriques, Ramapage, Topaz and Bertram also come to mind.

Late 90's early 2000's are going for 35-45 grand and from what I have seen of the 2000's they are a lot more cruiser than fisher.The stern area is more for lounging than battling. For that kind of money I would be looking at a Tiara 29 Open and more than likely it will be a saltwater boat. The 29 Opens are as scarce as hens teeth on the Great Lakes. A good survey should eliminate any fears of salt water. Usually the exhaust manifolds will have to be replaced and other than that I wouldn't worry about a boat from saltwater as there almost always a closed cooling system and straight inboards. I usually go to Hudson Valley on craigslist and search the 60 or so surrounding areas and come up with quite a few of them. Blackwatch, Alberemarle, Henriques, Ramapage, Topaz and Bertram also come to mind.

X2

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Blackfin Combi 29 is also near the top of my hit list if you want a bad ass ride, that does both fairly well. The boats I mentioned are more fish machines vs lets make Momma happy and get some glitter. If your going that route then the Tiara is what I would zero in on.

I don't think so. I have also looked at some Tiara boats. Any thoughts on the Sundance?

According to what my Dad and I have been reading from one of the top marine surveyors who is now retired and has written 3 books on purchasing used boat, the year class of Sea Rays you're looking at he bashes a lot, now a days most boat manufacturers dont make fiberglass boats they make them out of composite materials which is not good, from his articles that he has written the 27ft and 31ft Tiara Opens are the BEST BUY, which stands to good reason! They're easy to maintain, easy to service, and are just flat out tanks of boats! The other best buy is the 10 meter Trojan International which is the most sought after boat for Great Lakes fishing! One other thing to watch out for never buy an electronically fuel injected engine, because if you lose power you lose power to pumping gas through the engine, all referenced to this Marine Surveyor! I can post a link to his website, my dad has it up on his Ipad, he really has opened up our eyes into the boat manufacturing world, and purchasing used boats!

According to what my Dad and I have been reading from one of the top marine surveyors who is now retired and has written 3 books on purchasing used boat, the year class of Sea Rays you're looking at he bashes a lot, now a days most boat manufacturers dont make fiberglass boats they make them out of composite materials which is not good, from his articles that he has written the 27ft and 31ft Tiara Opens are the BEST BUY, which stands to good reason! They're easy to maintain, easy to service, and are just flat out tanks of boats! The other best buy is the 10 meter Trojan International which is the most sought after boat for Great Lakes fishing! One other thing to watch out for never buy an electronically fuel injected engine, because if you lose power you lose power to pumping gas through the engine, all referenced to this Marine Surveyor! I can post a link to his website, my dad has it up on his Ipad, he really has opened up our eyes into the boat manufacturing world, and purchasing used boats!

Now that is good info! yes please post I would love to read it  :yes: