Quality not quantity

Kevin J Legg

Fished BRB this morning. Tried worm rigs at the mouth and nothing but a few silver bass. Moved out into the bay and put in several hours before hitting a 25" male dripping milt. Latter a board rocketed back and it was a nice 30 1/2" spawned out female. Finished up with a 30 " pike. Tried spoons off riggers, stick baits off boards, lead cores off boards and didn't really hit on a pattern. Just have to put in the time as it seems fish are scattered. We did catch fish where we were marking bait.post-144887-1463607546232_thumb.jpg

Two more today. 22" and 31". Big girl was bleeding from the gill so was kept. She was a very broad fish and appeared to be freshly spawned by the looks of her ovaries. She still weight just shy of 11#. Wonder what she would have weighed prespawn?

Edited by Kevin J Legg

That's super Kevin, congrats on the eyes!! Still can't get a solid pattern going yet. Once the females put the feed bag on, then maybe? Till then tight lines my friend!!!

My buddy Jerry and I met Kevin and Randy (we look like 6th graders next to them) at the launch and fished about 5 hrs. Lost two lures after being driven into shallow water by an unforgiving oncoming boat, lost another to a bite off, caught no fish....then Kevin sends me a pic of that 31!!!

Humbled again-

Prof T. that's one of the main reasons I never fish the 1st day of eye season, those other numb heads that fire up and blast through the crowd, then there's the guys that think they own the lake and your supposed to move over, in your case, the loss of a lure. There goes $10.00 but he doesn't care!! I remember when I had smaller boats those guys with there bigger boat used to lean on us little guys all the time. Not this year!!

We had a couple issues as well. The boat on outside (deeper water) needs to give way as inside boat is trapped by shallows. Just common sense and courtesy. Some guys get on a path and refuse to yield.

Edited by Kevin J Legg