Canada Trip cancelled, need ideas for July

smallcal

All -

due to a variety of reasons (the biggest is a health issue in my family), we were forced to cancel our annual trip to the Gouin Reservoir and everyone will trek to CNY the second full week in July.  We will be using my camp in Sandy Pond for a base, but may stay at our house in Marcellus if its close to the fishing.

So I'm looking for ideas.  We will be going out on Ontario for two days of charter fishing but need to fill up the rest of the week.  Walleye is usually what we fish for so any ideas?  Oneida I'm assuming they will be deep and mostly nocturnal or jigging by the buoys?  Anything on Ontario that time of year?  Otisco?

We'd be happy to hire a guide or could use a pontoon boat and old Sea Nymph to try to get on fish.  Any ideas appreciated, don't want to bust anyone's spots, so feel free to PM me.

This would be a couple of days fishing with 4 to 6 of us and I'm the only one that lives in CNY so we won't be fishing out any spots either.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thank you.

Edit - we are fishing 'sluts' and will fish for whatever is biting.  Panfish, perch, trout (stream or lake), pretty much anything, so anything would be fun.  I'll be ordering food for us, so we won't be keeping much if anything other than Salmon to eat.  We like to leave places like we find them.  Thanks again.

Believe it or not, we are a group that would have no problem targeting Northerns for a day or two as well.  Love the way they fight!

Edited by smallcal

Hello there, If your looking for a possible walleye charter give us a call anytime, Sunken Treasure Fishing Charters, we have some openings early July.

Thanks

Captain Gene - (315)-486-8463

The second week of July on Otisco you really are at the end of the night bite and it becomes even more difficult with the weed growth.  However, trolling becomes a favored option and my suggestion is to contact Justin Okrepki at www.otiscolakeguideservice.com   he is all set up for trolling and will do everything he can to put you on fish.