How to slow my boat down?

What didn't you like about it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not being able to turn. That was my main complaint I added another pin hole for it to lock at about a 20deg angle and that helped control but then it was tough to slow down enough. For me I would never even consider a trolling plate again. There are better methods of skinning this cat.

Edited by Buckmaster7600

Mobility - the ability to move or be moved freely and easily. The the mobility of your boat! Trolling bags are affected by currents and sway back and forth while turning and are not reliable for control over your boat. A trolling plate attaches directly to you lower unit centered and bolted in. It can easily move with the turn of the wheel (mobility) and does not create excessive uneven current that can throw off side planers or flat lines. In My Opinion a trolling plate is a better choice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do believe your reasoning is 180 deg out of phase.

In a pinch..... Trim tabs fully deployed and engine drive trimmed up will reduce speed. Since u are just waiting for the repair of your kicker, I assume you dont want to spend a lot...... My .02. Good luck!

I used a drift sock once and found that you lose a lot of steering that way.  I have a trolling plate (they aren't expensive) and it works well.

only problem with the trolling plate is having steering in windy or rough conditions

I added a troll-a-matic plate (the spring loaded kind) to my 90 hp 2-stroke. It would not troll down less than 4 mph. I lost some steering control and top end. But you get used to how it drives. I have no problems with maneuverability. But then again I don't slip it. Just drop it into reverse when you get close to the launch dock. I'm not backing it into tight spots. I guess it all depends on what you do and how you use the boat.

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE