Cape Cod Sea Bass

Kevin J Legg

Very nice, your lucky like i am, i Just got my wife introduced into striper fishing this year and now cant get to leave the house without her anymore. Shes hooked for sure. Yesterday afternoon we got into em so heavily that now she says her arms are sore from fighting so many fish. Good for us !!!  that is deffinetly the preferred crew to have aboard..

The good news is I caught 8 stripers in front of my brother's house tonight on my fly rod. Bad news is the largest 3 laid end to end would barely meet the 28" minimum size limit for a keeper.

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Good going Kevin. At least the minimum size on the Stripers isn't what it was when I first started fishing for them there 40 inches :)

Edited by Sk8man

That must be a blast on a fly rod. Still a bit early for the big ones up here yet, so my son and a buddy launched in Hyannis Thursday nite fishing for squid. The two of them almost filled a 5 gallon bucket but that's a slow nite. When they're in thick, you can do that in an hour or so. But I will be feasting on Black Sea Bass soon...hopefully.

Very cool. My in-laws had a place at Eastham/Orleans toward the outer Cape for over 30 years. Cape Cod is a truly spectacular place to reside or even visit.....especially if you're into fishing :)

Some great eating there Kevin....guess it is back to the walleyes now....but they aren't so bad either :lol:

There were some very fishable tides at the canal last few days.. Might still be...Had many very memorable times on that end of the canal at dawn with pencil poppers! Been thinking bout loading fishing bikes as soon as I saw your post. Too busy with walleye trips but that's what memories are for...enjoy Kevin you are living the dream!

My brother's place is unbelievable.it's located on the west end of the canal on Toby Island. Huge house with a guest house overlooking Buzzards Bay. He has 17' Boston Whaler that we take out. I've had some great times fishing stripers, blues, fluke, and sea bass. I've also fished along the canal and waded along beaches and shoreline with spinning and fly rod. He's much more into sailing than fishing but he does like to catch sea bass and they are less than a mile from his boat mooring in front of his house. We did have to make a stop for lunch at the Lobster Trap. Great chowder and clam or lobster rolls.

Headed after walleyes today and then a couple days chasing stream trout with the fly rod. Man I love being retired especially in May!

Edited by Kevin J Legg