Erie harness blade size?

What would be the best size worm harness blade and style and color for Erie eyes? Ive heard watermelon in the past and purple but never a size. Anyone? Thanks BP

watermelon is always a favorite. can't go wrong with black and purple either. actually two years ago we crushed em on one i called the strawberry shortcake. copper blades with red dots and a red stripe through the middle.

We use the larger harenesses, the ones with two hooks and uses wire (not the mono ones). the blades are shaped longer than they are fatter. never tried another size.

I think color depends on water conditions and part of the year. i usually throw the kitchen sink at em and see what they are hitting then adjust accordingly, but you have a good start.

BP.. Just finished tying a bunch! I like the willow-leaf blades. Most of mine a tied using 2 #4 or #4.5's. When I use single blades they're #6 or 7's. I do use watermellon, purple and others some, but my best overall producer has been just plain hammered copper with alternating red and clear beads. I tie mine using Seaguar 20# floro leader material and have never had a problem. It's stiffer and seems to hold up better than fishing line. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Number 4 or number 5 willows, Colorado blades, I like 6 or 7's for open water fishing, don't rule out the big indiana blades as well, BPS or Silver Streak makes some nice big blades, I've had alot of luck on them.

I like orange beads in a couple different shades, pink/white combos. Orange and pink in a faceted bead with white backed blades can be deadly, the rainbow trout colored blade works well on just about any color bead pattern, blues/white/pink has pulled alot of fish in deep open water. Anything that resembles a smelt will pull big fish, if you not getting big fish slow down even down to 1.4-1.7.