Cayuga 5/20

Lost one nice one near Myers in 120 FoW (broke line) - and picked this one up in 25 FoW on a Fire Tiger rapala. Many fewer marks than last time I was out (a few weeks ago) on the south end

Weighed 12.5lb on the scale later that night.

post-142395-14639258135401_thumb.jpg

post-142395-14639258644723_thumb.jpg

That is a real beauty.....sure looks like he has been chowing down real good :>) bet your daughter was excited to see that one! She reminds me of  my own when she used to go out with me...nice work.

Yeah, this is my personal biggest fish taken on the Finger Lakes. Almost had a heart attack when I saw it come to the surface.

Stomach was pretty empty - nothing recognizable in it.

Yeah, Cayuga has been better than normal for us this year too - but I certainly don't expect another like this any time soon!

That is an Amazing fish! Great job! It seems like the quality of the brown trout fishing on Cayuga has really improved over the last few years. I have seen/heard of multiple fish over 10 lbs caught in the last couple of years. I haven't boated anything over 8lbs, but I have snapped quite a bit of 10-15lb test form forgetting  to set the drag first thing in the morning :headbang:. Even saw a picture of an 18lb brown taken from Cayuga 4 or 5 years ago. Thing had a baby muskrat in its stomach! I have noticed that most the browns I catch are full of gobies. Do folks think the gobies could be improving the brown trout fishery?