Fished tonight out of sandy. Trolled north from 100'-250' and back in. Didn't mark much of anything. Caught 3 skippys 2 on riggers down 60 and one on a wire dipsy. Nice night on the water!post-158152-14639687313025_thumb.jpgpost-158152-1463968755312_thumb.jpg

I hate being "that guy" asking the dude at the dock to reveal his strategy... Lol my dad is shameless and normally does that for me:) but he was busy riding his motorcycle (he's got his priorities screwed up). So it was a solo trip. Next time I'll ask!

Thanks

There was a patch of water holding kings between the pump house and the Nose Saturday evening.  They showed up the last hour of light along with some nice bait pods. 

Ah got ya, that makes sense cause we found a couple kings out there Sat morning. They were no where to be found Sunday morning though

My buddy found them East of port and did some kings Sunday morning.  They were down in colder water. 

My buddy found them East of port and did some kings Sunday morning. They were down in colder water.

looks like I should of went east but I didn't think they were going to move over night. Thats what I get for thinking. Lol.

It sounds like a crap shoot out there. Our fish Saturday were all located in a small pocket just West of Devil's Nose. And they weren't reluctant to hit on the first pass. My guess is that small pods and active movement means search and destroy. Once you find them, stay on them, but don't expect the same thing the next day. Or go walleye fishing  :)

We found the same situation  going out from Hughes Saturday. We didn't mark jack out there and trolled all morning without either seeing anything (fish or bait) on the screen or getting hits until about 2:30 PM then the lakers started up (4 of them)  and a small king about 4:30 out in the 135 to 240 range but nothing whatsoever out to 500 plus or into less than 100. We didn't see much happening on the boats around us either.....very slow out there and devoid of bait which was really bothersome.