Navionics + on a Lowrance HDS

Is anyone else running this combo with any accuracy?

I just updated to a HDS7 Touch and forked over $99 to Navionics to upgrade to Navionics +.  Pretty 1 ft contours on the basemap and couldn't wait head out. Launched out of Sackets to fish the far side of Black River Bay.

Couldn't even use it as the contour depths weren't even close to the sounder readings. In many places the drop from 20 to 30 ft of water was off by as far as 50 yards! I was so confused I dropped my rigger weight intentionally to the bottom while stopped to verify that the sounder depth was accurate.

It's not that it is always reading deeper than the map contour would indicate, it is equally off in some shallow situations.  It is just a sh***y, useless map.

My home port is the St. Lawrence between Clayton and Alex Bay. Launched at Wellesley Island State Park. Came around through Eel Bay. Turn off the contours and the Navionics base chart (whatever it is) says 7 ft depth, (water is actually 9 because of present water level). Perfect...turn on contours and it says 2 miles of 2 ft of water....GARBAGE

Come out to the river, Shoals I know not located properly, soundings totally off. This chip is not only useless, it is DANGEROUS.

Sent an email to Navionics, but it was Saturday morning. So far just an atomated response.

Just wondering if anyone else is happy with this chip? Put this package together specifically for the 1 ft contours.

That's not good. Especially on the river. I just put in an Elite 7 CHIRP with the Nav+. It seems to be pretty accurate. I would bet one of two things is going on: 1). your unit needs a software update. 2). Your card needs to be updated with freshest data. Both scenarios need an update downloaded from the Lowrance website. Search Lowrance updates. Tons of stuff will come up. Hope this helps.

The previous owner of our boat used navionics with our HDS.... I think this made conversion fairly simple. I have heard of people having similar issues as you Prof T. I believe Guffins is correct and an update may be required. Navionics can be way off though on the river.... That is for sure.

I have used the navionics hotmaps east previously and they are not that accurate in Lake Ontario. There is a specific Lake Ontario platinum card that is like $199 that is more accurate and contains contours way out. I have no experience with the plus other than on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The contour on teh Platinium and the Nav+ are exactly the same. The only differences are the satellite view and the Sonarcharts already on it and oh yes the Platinium is by region.

If you're running a Gen3 connect it to a Navionics Boating app and it will improve the card

I have a Elite 7 HDI with the hot spot premium card in it and it's close enough for me, I'm willing to bet like stated above something is not jiving with the other, I don't think navionics would produce a card that far off.