Otisco Tiger's are hungery

took a good buddy out sunday on otisco his stepdad had never fished on a lake before, only streams and the ocean

what turned out a slow day jigging for walleye, turned out pretty exciteing for him, caught his first smallie, and it was a jumbo

had a little extra excitement bringing it in, it was hit hard by a tiger, both sides were tore up pretty good,

smallie%202_zpsxijkiw74.jpg

smallie_zpsaavrbjdk.jpg

That is why so many bass and walleye anglers think muskies are eating all the  "good fish". The same thing happens with shark attacking fish on an angler's line in the ocean. It happens on a somewhat regular basis because when a fish is hooked on an angler's line, it becomes very vulnerable. Thus the misconception :thinking:  :shake:

Edited by muskiedreams

A couple years back I witnessed a 30 + inch tiger being hit by a giant tiger.....it let go before we got a good look at it but the smaller tiger was shredded & bloody on both sides.....also had it happen to a salmon at Seneca ( obv a pike there).... It's not common but def happen from time to time....a real cool thing to see firsthand....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I witnessed the biggest largemouth I have ever seen (over 22")  while fishing an unstocked pond in the woods behind my house 12 years ago while a little kid was reeling in a sunfish.  Not exaggerating I think it was at least an 8lb bass.  It engulfed the sunfish just before he lifted it out of the water and actually landed the fish on his Mickey Mouse pole. I have hiked back there with my fly rod a few times over the past 5 years and those large bass seem to have been pulled out but I will never forget that.  There were 2 of them swimming side by side all day and I assumed they were carp from a distance.  The pond is maybe 2 acres with a max depth of about 5' and loaded with 5" sunnies and 8" bass.  Crazy to see such a large fish there that most wouldn't believe, but I was lucky enough to see it with my own eyes.

Edited by greenhornet73