erie, buff 5-21

bettieanne

Fished outa small boat harbor, Fished from 7 to 2 am. Caught bunch of bass during day, first eye didn't hit the net till 930. Once we found em and figured out baits it was a fairly steady pic. Plan was to fish til one, but they realy turned on rite bout then. Woulda stayed later but we got cut off by some guy flat linein on his sun boat and ended up with his line in my kicker prop. ( Pretty muc combat trolling out ther) Big motor to noisey and a lil fast to troll with so called it a nite. Fished 8 to 12 fow. All on sticks. I am aware ther is a erie site now but ther is a huge difference between most Ontario fisherman and erie guys. On erie its hard to even make eye contact with guys at the dock, or what, whats a walleye. lol Did manage to hit a fresh road kill on the thruway and woke up sunday to a blood and gut cover boat.

Yeah boat traffic was nuts, we never figured them out but I was the only one in my boat switching baits and trying things. My wife and buddy were sitting around bsing but at least they were steering (not always in the right direction though). Gave up around 11, we went all the way to hamburg beach. 

Worst was got to my truck and there was a note on it saying I hit your bumper call me, which the number is illegible/wrong number I have tried many combinations that all get the it wasn't me. So I guess they hit it and wrote the note to look good. I was on the skyway side about in the middle, blue f150 with cap in case anyone saw anything. Damage was minimal dent and a scrape in the bumper but still sucks as probably less than my deductible.

That's great King Slammin, that's a nice catch, when do you think the day bite will fire up? Thanks pap.

Probably soon. Water temp was 60 in some spots last night and we caught a half dozen silvers in the shallows too. Some are catching them in the top of the water column over deeper structure during the day but nothing heavy yet. At least from what I've heard

Nice!!!! I wont get back to erie till after the holiday weekend. Goin to camp with the fam. Hope the nite bite is still on then. Something about the nite bite that's makes being on the water special and looking over at the city and canda ect. Saweet set up with the harbor and the fish cleaning station was open at 230 am.  wish was a lil closer for me. Lake Ontario is pretty sad compared to erie with boat acess and the fishing is un real. Great variety of species to pursue!!!!

Nice!!!! I wont get back to erie till after the holiday weekend. Goin to camp with the fam. Hope the nite bite is still on then. Something about the nite bite that's makes being on the water special and looking over at the city and canda ect. Saweet set up with the harbor and the fish cleaning station was open at 230 am. wish was a lil closer for me. Lake Ontario is pretty sad compared to erie with boat acess and the fishing is un real. Great variety of species to pursue!!!!

That is my favorite part of the night. Throwing the throttle forward and cruising back to buffalo with a full livewell, in the dark on calm seas. Full moon overhead and a ton of shimmering lights on shore to light the way. Nothing better in my opinion. The late nights are catching up to me though and a hot daytime bite sounds great to me.