We got out for a few hours Friday after work. Headed slightly east of port. Set up and trolled  NorthWest from 50' to 200' without a bite. Pointed  due south for the lighthouse and took 5 bites in the last hour, straight in front. Landed a steelhead and laker. All action was between 140 to 160 feet of water. surface to 4o ft. down. no pattern on color. 

Saturday - fished 5AM til 10 AM. worked the same water, straight off lighthouse. there was a definite patch of 49 degree water that held fish. 9 for 9 with 5 steelys, two small kings and two 10 plus pound lake trout. pink spoons on surface with two large split shot was good for steelies. 100' copper with green and silver also had multiple fish. 

side note - my phone hasn't been allowing me to post reports, which is my normal method. We have fished Sodus 7 or 8 times since the boat went in mid april. Brown trout fishing has been tough with clearer water. We have tended to try browns but move off shore after a few hours. We have not caught a king. The majority of trips have been a mixed bag of browns, steelhead and lakers 6 fish or so per morning. 

This is my second year fishing out of Sodus. Last year I only caught one king before July 19lbs it was last week of May.

I have yet to catch one this year at any size. I've caught a number of Browns, Steelies, a lot of smallies (on accident fishing for Browns), and the accidental laker here or there as I don't fish for them.

Edited by Ryno23

Fished this morning from 5 a.m. until noon. Works 50 feet of water to 200 with a small salmon and steelhead to show for it. Finally caught a couple of rounds to end the day down 25 to 30 feet. Best floor was Finger Lakes tackle Green Glow. Looked for a break for a long time, and never found it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is my second year fishing out of Sodus. Last year I only caught one king before July 19lbs it was last week of May.

I have yet to catch one this year at any size. I've caught a number of Browns, Steelies, a lot of smallies (on accident fishing for Browns), and the accidental laker here or there as I don't fish for them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app