SLR Eyes

EsoxAC3

May depend on where on the river you are fishing. But a good heavy jig 1 oz plus. I fish more toward Clayton and you can get away with a little less weight in that neck of the woods. More weight is required toward the bay. IMO.

Great reports on SLR eyes! I'm heading up there later tonight to search for them myself. 30 years fishing this area of the river (not far from Lake O). I know where they are from late summer through fall. But Ive never gone after them at night this time of year near my summer spots. The Canadian side bay that usually produces in the spring is a minefield of boulders in 2 feet of water and I will not attempt going in alone at night. I'm wondering if the pattern you guys who have done well recently is at all similar to late July through October as far as depths, baits...I'm going to see if I can pattern them later tonight but any help would be great as there's only so many hours before daylight and I'm making the haul from Syracuse. I dont need specifics, I will know what you're talking about. I will post pics tomorrow if I have any!

Was up the week after opening day. Im a jig guy.

3/4 oz . First evening 7 keepers, couple shorts, one big female with eggs, let her go.

Next few evenings was a few keepers lot of shorts, real short.Waddington to Massena

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I pull stickbaits behind bottom bouncers. Went 2 for 4 tonight. Dropped two right at the boat. Lots of bait, both fish fat 25 inchers just gorged with gobies. Did have to move around though.