SLR Eyes

EsoxAC3

Took a quick trip this morning and got rained. My brother and his wife over slept so only fished from 5:00-7:00. Only caught one but it was a 28". My brother hooked it and his wife landed it. Not bad she also shot a turkey yesterday so I'm happy I could put her on her first turkey and a quality walleye.

post-144887-14645271955224_thumb.jpg

post-144887-14645271406566_thumb.jpg

Also got a late start this morning. Hit the water around 7 with a full crew. My father, 2 younger brothers, and my son. My brother Wyatt, 12, landed his 2nd ever walleye this morning ( 1st was yesterday) 25". My youngest brother Travis, 9, landed a mangey looking 30" northern that fought like heck and was released to fight again another day. A great time was had by all and home by 945. post-155409-14645325728357_thumb.jpg

Way to go Kevin and ESOX AC3 didn't have much luck last night tough fishing with boat traffic seemed like there was less boat traffic than normal but they were not as polite to you if you were trying to fish fly right by you up close . Hopefully they got it out of there system. I have to agree with Roybee.

It's nice to see family events, nice bird there Mrs. All family events are nice to see, not much of that happening these days. Congrats to all that posted!!! Happy Holidays folks & tight lines to all!!

Late start again today....... Fished a full boat this morning. Wind picked up out of the west pretty good and put a nice chop on the water and made for some decent drifting scenarios. Marked a lot of bait and many fish. Some really impressive bait pods in places.... Hooked up a little after 8 am with a scrappy 23" male walleye that was still producing milt..... With that, My 6 1/2 year old son landed his first eye this morning. Could not have been more proud!! Great morning on the St Lawrence.

Just bought a camp in cape Vincent area. Was up for the weekend and fished with my 8 yr old son. Had one hit but that was all. Any advice on that area your are willing to share. Willing to put in my time but also want my little guy to see a fish or two before he gets too bored with fishing. Thanks guys!

Lakeside, I dont get up that way as often as I would like.... Not sure I can offer much help. Have heard Carleton is a solid walleye spot although I have not fished it. I like that stretch of river from the cape to cedar point state park. Some decent predator structure there. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck. Tight lines.

• 2 weeks later...

There's one thing nobody can take away from you Kevin, that's the ability to be consistent on the SLR eyes!! Congrats to you and your catch!!